Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
Hey guys
Blew up my diff yesterday, it was a ****ty 25 spline non lsd so now i'm looking at what options are available these days.
Details:
Vl Calais,
Engine: Ls1
Trans: 6 speed manual
Just wondering what diff options people would recommend and what ratios would be the best to use. Also i intend on finally putting on my new rims which are 19x9.5 (rears obviously) beside rolling the guards and cutting the seat belt bolt what other mods will i require to get these to fit, may as well do it all at once.
Thanks for your input,
Rory
0 likes
I would probably run a 28 spline 3.45/4.11 VLT Diff if I was on a budget. Well its what I planned to do anyway.
Otherwise if your going to all the effort of shortening the diff etc, you could stump of for some 31 spline axles, trutrac centre etc etc
To fit 9.5's you may need to notch the rear control arms and massage the guards. Correct offset will be key to fitting correctly.
0 likes
I would go the 28 spline with the 3.45 ratio as you have the 6 speed anyways and plenty of torque from the ls1.
0 likes
cheers for the replies fellas
0 likes
Mate of mine used to run 3.9's in his VX, changed over to 4.11's and rekons they're the GO.
0 likes