Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Meets & events
Meets & events

Plans...?

Started by VL-Dan · 22 Dec 2011 · 48 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

VL-DanArchived member
Whats everyone up to over Christmas and New Years? Anyone heading away in their VL's? Im off on Christmas morning in my Wagon to the Uncles beach house in Whitianga...Should be fun permitting the V8 makes it Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
NZ_bt1vltArchived member
Sweet thought about taking VL away for new years night but mrs wants to take her subaru. I"ve only got stat days off which sucks but good money Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
PSIWPN NZArchived member
i have to work too but the vl should be out and about providing the weather puts on a good show
0 likes
0C1876Archived member
ill be in auckland for christmas and as of this moment new years as well will be cruising around so if you see me dont forget to wave or stop and have a chat! always keen to meet other CT members! oh and reminder , stay safe on the roads guys! MANTROL. so yeah MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!! Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
ss nutArchived member
Was going away but have a bit of damage here at the new house with last weeks storm(nothing major)So will tidy up and do a few day cruz's in the wagon.But as OC1876 said MANTROL guys and watch out for the other **** heads on the road.But enjoy xmas and the new years!! Cheers Marty
0 likes
RollinArchived member
I use the VL over summer as my daily pretty much.... Not really any plans to go away in it...
0 likes
SIKVLTArchived member
I'm working through aswell cows don't milk themselves unfortunately but get some time off over Jan so mean time I'll get stuck into the bbq project Have fun guys and be safe
0 likes
0C1876Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by ss nut [View Post] Was going away but have a bit of damage here at the new house with last weeks storm(nothing major)So will tidy up and do a few day cruz's in the wagon.But as OC1876 said MANTROL guys and watch out for the other **** heads on the road.But enjoy xmas and the new years!! Cheers Marty Thanks Marty. Ryans the name hahah just hope all is well down there , south island seems to be a hostile place to live right now. thought auckland was bad enough with its traffic and agro people. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
NZ_GTSArchived member
Few road trips planned in my VL, off to Taupo today, then back to Cambridge for Christmas, then back to Auckland a few days later. Will be trippin back down to Taupo for New Years, so I'll be on the road a fair bit. Can't wait!
0 likes
VL-DanArchived member
Sounds fun Tom, make sure you get some VL pics while your away Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
VL-DanArchived member
Well I did 411ks round trip and my 8 didnt miss a beat Some rich people in Whitianga...House on the water next to their private Jetti & expensive boat Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
NZ_bt1vltArchived member
had vl out today cleaned inside out.... starter motor shat out got to tap it to start car Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
NZ VL comArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by VL-Dan [View Post] Well I did 411ks round trip and my 8 didnt miss a beat Some rich people in Whitianga...House on the water next to their private Jetti & expensive boat hope you did raakeys on there posh lawn haha Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
ss nutArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by VL-Dan [View Post] Well I did 411ks round trip and my 8 didnt miss a beat Some rich people in Whitianga...House on the water next to their private Jetti & expensive boat Twenty five years ago Dan that car most likely would of been on that front lawn as it was the beast to have to tow! And she is looking really good,I wont show the wife this pic as she still miss's the wagon heaps. Cheers Marty ---------- Post added 27-12-11 at 08:54 ---------- Quote: Originally Posted by NZ_bt1vlt [View Post] had vl out today cleaned inside out.... starter motor shat out got to tap it to start car Might just need a clean out of all the carbon insde it,Bummer tho! Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
VL-DanArchived member
Thanks Marty... You know my offer still stands....Your Wagon for mine straight swap Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
ss nutArchived member
It would of done that round trip quite easily witha a tankful of gas,I used to be able to get about 440-480ks out of a tank. Cheers Marty
0 likes
0C1876Archived member
id love to say i could get that milage out of my tank. and i only have a 6cyclinder.... hahah
0 likes
NZ_bt1vltArchived member
I should get good mileage out of my 90liter tank lol, can't part with the $250 to fill it though
0 likes
VL-DanArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by ss nut [View Post] It would of done that round trip quite easily witha a tankful of gas,I used to be able to get about 440-480ks out of a tank. Cheers Marty Well this past Easter when the Holden Nationals were in Palmerston North, I took the Wagon and made it there on 1 tank from Auckland which was 540ks. When we got there I filled her back up and the 68L tank took 66L of fuel (dont normally run it that low) but man was I cutting it close Just as good if not better than most 6cyl VL's I would say Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
jsobeyArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by VL-Dan [View Post] Well I did 411ks round trip and my 8 didnt miss a beat Some rich people in Whitianga...House on the water next to their private Jetti & expensive boat I love ur window Venetian blinds! Was thibking bout getting some in the future. What's ur opinion on them? Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 1 guest active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today110

11,944 threads, 91,309 posts and 1,227 images saved from CT

34.9% of indexed threads saved