04-12-11, 08:22 GMT+10#1
Hey guys, thought I would start a thread on what my plans are for a new project.
I'm bored at work right now so there isn't a lot i can mention but i'll do my best
Run down (consisting of parts i have or will be buying):
RB30 A6 series 2 Motor
Port and polished heads
Acid dipped and crack tested block
CP Forged Pistons and Whinfield engineering Forged Rods
Forward Facing Plenum (CNC Fabrications) with XF Throttle Body
Front mount cooler
High Mount Exhaust Manifold with 48mm wastegate
GT 35/40
Wade 1147c Cam
adjustable rockers with new valve springs
3 speed trimatic with 2500 stall
28 spline diff with 3.45 gears
haltech sprint 500 computer
custom fuel Rail and injectors
surge tank
044 pump
044 bracket
ARP head studs
balancer
adj timing gear
catch can
The motor is currently stripped and off in the dipper now but will get pics soon hopefully
This is my first shot at really building something big. a mate and I will be doing most of the work ourselves in terms of the engine but will get the auto sent off to be made to how i like.
Would also like to thanks Eltham Cylinder Heads for doing all the acid dipping and what not on the block and for directing me in the right path for some of the parts and labour and helping with the motor rebuild.
The body..... Don't have one yet lol
But i am looking for a calais that doesn't need that much work and preferably without a motor but if it comes with one then oh well. I know most vl's will have the usual rust and am willing to pay for it to be done properly. I want everything on this car done ONCE and done Right
I would like to respray the body with a gloss black over silver and either cream or red interior which i know will be hard to find.
Wheels: 20" Supersports
These are the only pics i have right now sorry
Overall:
I would like the car to reach 320kw and do roughly 11 down the 1/4 but still be able to use on the streets as a cruiser. let me know your opinions and ideas guys just no criticism please.
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
