Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

304 fuel consumption

Started by Stoives · 1 Dec 2011 · 4 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

StoivesArchived member
Hey, I'm running a vl with a stock 304 and am only getting 250 to 300km if I'm lucky out of a tank, the engine seems to be running well it had been unused for two years prior to me buying it, I have changed the spark plugs leads oil etc, I think the carb might need a tune any ideas?
0 likes
jamiepArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Stoives [View Post] Hey, I'm running a vl with a stock 304 and am only getting 250 to 300km if I'm lucky out of a tank, the engine seems to be running well it had been unused for two years prior to me buying it, I have changed the spark plugs leads oil etc, I think the carb might need a tune any ideas? sounds about right ... they're hardly economy machines ... i'm assuming it's a trimatic? When i had mine it would get about 220k to a tank of gas or 250-300 on petrol...
0 likes
InjectionArchived member
That's about on the money, the carby v8's are shocking on juice. My old Calais did around 250 to a tank around town, maybe 300 with a bit of freeway driving. When I went injected that went up to around 450 to a tank.
0 likes
timmoArchived member
Mine gets about 170km to the tank around town. Thats when driven very gently. Obviously needs a tune though
0 likes
StoivesArchived member
Thanks guys it's going in for a tune on Monday so hopefully that will help abit
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 1 guest active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today110

11,940 threads, 91,297 posts and 1,227 images saved from CT

34.9% of indexed threads saved