Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
Hey guys,
Long story short I bought a vl calais, had her stolen, got her back with f***** wheels, just wondering if 19" ve gts rims are roadworthy as I dont want to screw up my insurance just yet?
Thanks
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
I believe you can legally only upgrade rim size 2" from factory spec. So 17" max.
0 likes
different rules in different states.
0 likes
here in sa its 25mm overall rolling diameter from memory
0 likes
http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/NR/rd...340/0/VSI8.pdf (http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/NR/rdonlyres/CC48FC10-4D57-4F04-82E1-3BD72EF88340/0/VSI8.pdf)
Read section 8, No wider than 25mm over standard, and no larger than 15mm in total including tyres in rolling diameter. Walkinshaw rims were 7" wide, so you can go 8" in width, but just make sure the rolling diameter is equivalent, or only 15mm larger.
0 likes