Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

Painting vl calais rim air vents

Started by gold-vlt · 29 Nov 2011 · 3 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

gold-vltArchived member
I want to paint the air vent thing on my set of calais rims but i'm not sure what colour will look best.. what colour have most people on here painted them if they choose to do so?? I'm thinking black, silver or gunmetal grey.
0 likes
Andy-30LArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by gold-vlt [View Post] I want to paint the air vent thing on my set of calais rims but i'm not sure what colour will look best.. what colour have most people on here painted them if they choose to do so?? I'm thinking black, silver or gunmetal grey. most people usually paint them a polished silver look bud for that u just get some elbow grease and some good polish an your set! Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
gold-vltArchived member
I thought if i polished down in the cut outs it wouldnt turn out too nice because its heavily textured? I've spent 2 days per rim just wet sanding alone then about 40 minutes polishing each one so im kinda over polishing for now haha! I saw an older corvette that had a similar wheel design and it looked pretty good with the face polished and the black inside.
0 likes
xAsh-Archived member
Yeah andy he means the scallops, vent holes etc, i'm gonna paint mine VHT aluminium heat proof, only because i have it laying around, then im going to polish them (just the main rim face)
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 1 guest active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today1

12,669 threads, 100,601 posts and 1,281 images saved from CT

37.0% of indexed threads saved