Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›General discussion
General discussion

Vs 5 litre help please??

Started by Stelios · 20 Nov 2011 · 5 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

SteliosArchived member
Hey ladies and gents. I have a vs 5litre ute! And I have a issue with the Dimister. Everytime I have the dimister on and when I apply throttle especially going up hills the dimister changes direction and blows air down at your feet! Has anyone experienced this or have any idea what could be causing this? Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers Stelios
0 likes
Duke57TTArchived member
Its a vacuum issue, as you put load on the car its changing your settings on your aircon.. you could have a leak somewhere or your vacuum storage is ****ed.
0 likes
SteliosArchived member
Cheers duke were is the vacuum storage located? Also could the control panel have anything to do with it? Cheers
0 likes
Duke57TTArchived member
NFI on the VS, in the VL it was a ball behind the front bumper. VS will be sorta something the same. You could have a perished line somewhere behind the controls for sure and that will do it.
0 likes
SteliosArchived member
Thanks mate I'll have to look into it I pulling the dash off so will Sus out all the lines cheers for the help Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
RB-GEMArchived member
It sounds as though your vacuum ball is leaking . They're usually mounted behind the bar support on passenger side .
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 2 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today14

16,690 threads, 166,549 posts and 1,890 images saved from CT

48.7% of indexed threads saved