Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Meets & events
Meets & events

can a mobile speed camera directional or can they get you from either side?

Started by mick7747 · 15 Nov 2011 · 16 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

mick7747Archived member
do u have to drive past them or can they get you driving towards them?>
0 likes
MurphArchived member
Here in SA they can get you both ways, had a mate find that out the hard way. I know however, they cant ping you if your futher than three lanes away from the radar, so if you have a large island between the road, then your alright, but say a city street, your buggered. Best advice, be careful where you put that right foot down.
0 likes
swiftmanArchived member
nsw can get done whichever way
0 likes
paparazziArchived member
I'm in te same boat n would like to know. If they can get from a distance greater than 7-19m across I'm major Dix
0 likes
Borci88Archived member
I would assume both ways.
0 likes
CocopopzArchived member
I cracked it at another road user due to there lack of merging skills, I dropped it back a couple of gears to get passed them looked up and there was a speed camera facing me (other side of road) well above the 60kph speed limit. I thought I done my licence for sure. Over month later no fine. So either I was very lucky or they can only get you moving away from them.
0 likes
vlwagzArchived member
ive always thought they could only get you when you are moving away from them. flashing a bright light in someones face when they are doing 60kph isnt the safest thing to do.
0 likes
nath_kornArchived member
they can get you both ways, i found out the hard way.
0 likes
IDAREUArchived member
There is a new fixed 1 on Canterbury rd n that can only get u 1 way.
0 likes
hemi_valArchived member
the mobile ones can definitely get you regardless of which way your facing, the amount of space or lanes between you and the mobile camera is the main factor which will determine whether or not you got snapped
0 likes
Borci88Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Cocopopz [View Post] I cracked it at another road user due to there lack of merging skills, I dropped it back a couple of gears to get passed them looked up and there was a speed camera facing me (other side of road) well above the 60kph speed limit. I thought I done my licence for sure. Over month later no fine. So either I was very lucky or they can only get you moving away from them. Hopefully you got lucky but when I got EPA'd the letter didn't arrive for over a month Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
FATPSIArchived member
both ways been done 2 times going towards mobile camera's. fixed is one way only
0 likes
gold-vltArchived member
Yeah i think they can get you from either way. I might also add that they can apparently get you from over a kilometre away if conditions are right. I got done not long ago from a distance of 357 meters. I viewed this myself on their radar when they showed me what speed i was doing.
0 likes
darkstarArchived member
Both ways in Melbourne, but it does depend on the number of lanes. 2 lanes each way, with no strip in the middle - yes they can get you head on and back. I've only seen them flash when you go PAST the camera from rear on and about 2 car lengths front on. In melb they also operate at night with flash, usually captivas or holden wagons. Look out for the list of speed cams in the herald sun on Monday to get their location.
0 likes
DaRiOArchived member
ive been done twice going towards mobile cameras, i used to think they could only get u going one way too most mobile ones dont use flashes anymore, they use infrared so if you dont see a flash when u go past, it doesnt mean they didnt get u
0 likes
mulkersArchived member
Best is to be on a motorcycle. Lets just say going towards them works... trollololol. And going away from them, just practice this: Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
CocopopzArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Borci88 [View Post] Hopefully you got lucky but when I got EPA'd the letter didn't arrive for over a month Usually the fine gets to your place before you even get home. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 1 guest active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today110

11,931 threads, 91,225 posts and 1,227 images saved from CT

34.8% of indexed threads saved