Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

Extractors

Started by super_sla · 12 Nov 2011 · 10 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

super_slaArchived member
Im getting some extractors for my VL and I was wondering if I get a 2.5" system and these extractors say 2 1/4 will it fit together? http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/190544495... 4.m1423.l2649 (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/190544495359?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649)
0 likes
VLforcedArchived member
Yes. Though I don't think you need to be spending that money on a set of extractors. If you are after a new set there are sellers on ebay that have them for $250. but if you are okay with second hand. you can get them on the forum for around 50 bucks. Your best off just getting a second hand set and putting the $450 away towards a turbo setup later on. ---------- Post added 13-11-11 at 11:34 ---------- Also I just thought id add in a catalytic converter goes between the extractors and the exhaust catback. Just in case you weren't sure.
0 likes
super_slaArchived member
I was told that pacemakers are the best ones from a mechanic. And one more questions can I put ethanol in my VL?
0 likes
VLforcedArchived member
Ethanol can build up crap in your fuel lines, I would run at least 95 as the VL computer is based on a non ethanol mixture. Also While they might be the best (I'm not sure) your cost benefit ratio will be minimal. It's an N/A VL. Your best off just Knowing that its going to be slow either way.
0 likes
Jako-25Archived member
Tru ^^
0 likes
super_slaArchived member
I dont care about it being slow, I just want it to sound good and to be economical thats why im putting it on gas.
0 likes
xAsh-Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by VLforced [View Post] It's an N/A VL. Your best off just Knowing that its going to be slow either way. lol, so true, my NA calais makes my stockish SL turbo feel like a lambo Ethanol and Gas are completely different. The best way to economy in a VL is standard turbo setup, slightly higher boost, possibly add an intercooler. Mine is standard everything apart from boosted to 10PSI (up from factory 6) and i get near 600km per tank highway driving, and thats not exactly driving like a grandma, but its not thrashing it either if you get what i mean ---------- Post added 15-11-11 at 01:21 ---------- P.S a 2.5 inch exhaust on a NA will probably reduce economy, stick with the 2 1/4.
0 likes
super_slaArchived member
I dont realt think putting a turbo in an automatic vl is good, It seems a waste to me. And im a p plater so no turboo for me.
0 likes
Andy-30LArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by super_sla [View Post] I dont realt think putting a turbo in an automatic vl is good, It seems a waste to me. And im a p plater so no turboo for me. dont underestimate auto turbo mate. BIG difference between fastest auto and manual on record Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
shrimpyArchived member
well auto changes alot quicker and if its like a 2 speed auto even better 2 gears Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
FLY-03LArchived member
Correct pacemakers are the best brand (arguably - theyre good) Spending $500 on some n.a 6 banger extractors!? Forget about it! For the exact same effect get a second hand set for $50 and spray em with some heat proof paint while theyre out. You might notice a 0.1% power different with the less flowing cheaper ones.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 1 guest active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today1

12,662 threads, 100,372 posts and 1,281 images saved from CT

37.0% of indexed threads saved