Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

compression rate for a gen3 ls1 help plz

Started by iliveover · 11 Nov 2011 · 7 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

iliveoverArchived member
just wondering whats a norm compression test numbers for a ls1 with 130.000km ment to be a 1 owner job was 160 165 all round is that good our bad for a 100% stock ls1?
0 likes
joe bloArchived member
if there all around the same then its good
0 likes
iliveoverArchived member
thanks as some ppl i no have 175 all round and one guy has 198 all round and myn was lower so didnt no if was ****ed our what the go was thanks
0 likes
mulkersArchived member
There are far too many variables in a compression test like that. Want it to be higher? Put some oil in each of the cylinders, crank with the throttle open etc :/
0 likes
iliveoverArchived member
ok thanks for ur help guys just wasnt shure .if it was good our bad ect
0 likes
CocopopzArchived member
I would be very happy with that. The best way to check is a leak down test, but not everyone has the tooling to do this.
0 likes
iliveoverArchived member
okleak down test what dose that do ?
0 likes
RB30DEVLArchived member
Well , mines done nearly 250,000 kms and it doesn't use any oil , I know the last bloke who had it didn't keep a record of when it was serviced so I don't know how often he changed the oil , I've had it since 182,000 kms approx (for 3 years). I change mine (filter included) every 5000 kms and I think a little bit of sludgy stuff came out of the engine, despite that ,the oil still had a brown colour to it which is good , I've had an RB30E in a VL where it came out black around then, it had done nearly 500,000 kms.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 1 guest active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today110

11,947 threads, 91,402 posts and 1,228 images saved from CT

34.9% of indexed threads saved