Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

Speedflow hose Qs

Started by Cocopopz · 27 Oct 2011 · 8 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

CocopopzArchived member
I have set up a pretty intricate fuel system and was planning on running speedflow 400 series hose. I know people have used this type of hose for fuel systems but speedflow do not recommend this. Has anyone have any past experience using this hose or should i just change to another type of hose. Fuel smell is not a large problem as the whole system is mounted under the car and is only used for racing purposes. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- 400 Series Uses: Fuel lines (methanol only), Low Pressure Oil Systems & Coolant Systems. Compatibility: Methanol, Water & Oil Restrictions: Not recommended for use with unleaded fuels as it is known to allow the permeation of fuel smell through the layers as well as other possible issues -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 likes
vanstrienArchived member
We use this hose all the time for everything man, fuel lines (pump or 50/50 pump/methanol), oil drains, never ever had a problem with any of it, you dont notice the fuel vapour as theres that much coming out the exhaust Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Duke57TTArchived member
Use the Aeroquip FC598.. the rest of the stuff is crap.
0 likes
CocopopzArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by vanstrien [View Post] We use this hose all the time for everything man, fuel lines (pump or 50/50 pump/methanol), oil drains, never ever had a problem with any of it, you dont notice the fuel vapour as theres that much coming out the exhaust I might just stick with it if your this sure. I was more worried about fire risks more than anything. Quote: Originally Posted by Duke57TT [View Post] Use the Aeroquip FC598.. the rest of the stuff is crap. Can you still use this hose with Speedflo fittings? I have had past experiences of hose ends leaking when using other brands of hoses with speedflo fittings. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
TroyVKArchived member
I use aero quip Teflon hose on my car Can't smell anything but as soon as u undo a fitting u can definitely smell it! Does a damn good job! N this is using ethanol
0 likes
Duke57TTArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Cocopopz [View Post] Can you still use this hose with Speedflo fittings? I have had past experiences of hose ends leaking when using other brands of hoses with speedflo fittings. I've never had an issue using it with Aeroquip fittings, Earls, Red Horse Fittings or Speedflow. If you want a fume free use Teflon based hoses.
0 likes
obseshnArchived member
while we are on the convo of teflon has can you use it on push on fittings or does it have to be speedflow etc fittings
0 likes
Duke57TTArchived member
I won't tell you that you can use push on fittings(I will never ever tell you this is a good idea) but it is possible. Depends on the grade of Teflon, who makes it, what your clamping it onto etc etc. IE Dupont based stuff tends to be softer and thinner in the wall thickness. I believe Speedflow is a dupont based mixture. Its nice to use, but as with all speedflow its expensive. I don't like engine bay fires and I like fuel to stay inside fuel lines. Teflon has massive pressure abilities and tends to be impervious to all fuel types. It is easy to fit off. One of its past fall downs was it had ugly industrial based fittings to fit it off. However some of the new stuff coming out now is quite good looking.
0 likes
obseshnArchived member
the only reason i asked was because i have a surge tank that has push on fittings however i have now decided to go undercar surge tank and have now sold the in boot surge tank
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 0 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today109

11,870 threads, 90,463 posts and 1,218 images saved from CT

34.7% of indexed threads saved