Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›General discussion
General discussion

markER717's VL SL BT1 Mockup

Started by markER717 · 21 Oct 2011 · 6 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

markER717Archived member
Hey all, been a member a for a while now but I havent actually posted much so I thourght I'd finally chuck a thread up of my VL. So I picked this car up about 6 months ago, got it for a good price for what it had done to it. I had always wanted a VL and was looking for one when I found my VN(first car). My origional plans where to keep it fairly stock apart from lowered and maybe paint the chasers, but then it balooned into another project (they always seem to, anyone know how to stop this?). One of my major selling points for the car was that it had rear air bag setup, which at the time I wanted to buy for my other car (Imperial Blue VN Calais) airbags are gone now though as I needed to do so for rwc and I want them in my calais anyway. The body was pretty damn rough with a pushed in boot, dented (like over an inch in) running board, dent in the rear quarter, section of the rear bar missing, front bar all smashed in and the front grill missing and last but not least the ****ed paint and rusty boot seal! So I decided the old girl needed a fresh look, I've always liked the look of the Absynth Yellow BT1's (and as a first year apprentice there was no way in hell I could afford a genuine one!) so I decided to give the SL the same colour paint. Its taken a while longer then I thourght but its getting there! Model: 1988 VL SL Engine: RB30E Colour: Apline white over MX Grey Bars (currently grey primer with yellow bay and door jams) Engine Bay: Repainted block(black), Painted Intake manifold with machined look over 'ECCS' and yellow detailing, Shaved and Repainted airbox (satin black), Chrome strut tops, brand new coolant and Washer bottles, Custom Painted Rocker Cover. Engine: 8mm Eagle Leads NGK Spark Plugs K&N Pannel Filter AU Twin Thermo Fans Exhaust: Pacemaker Extractors 2.5" Catback Exhaust (with a nice sqaushed bit in the center) Body: Now straight as can be and halfway through a completely respray and colour change to Absnyth Yellow. Gearbox/Driveline: 5 Speed Manual Borgwarner 28 spline (full vn diff will be replacing shortly to a proper 28 spline vl diff) Suspension/Brakes: Standard (have ultra low springs for front and custom mades for the rear) Formerly on Bags in the rear VL Turbo front brake upgraude with slotted rotters and bendix pads Interior: Cream SL Interior DRIFT white seat covers White Rear Venetian Stereo: Kenwood KDC - MP5036U Head Unit Stock In dash Speakers for Fronts Kenwood 6x9s in rear Audio line Bridged 4ch powering a 12" Jenson sub Wheels/Tyres: Gloss Black VX SS 17s (for now) 15x7 Interceptors fitted with 225s Wish List/Future Plans: Absynth Yellow Respray (in progess) Get RWC (most importaint atm lol) Calais front and Rear Bars VX GTS Wheels Respray Ventians Cream Calais Interior Plans are to turn out something like this Pics: When I brought her home. After I had her for a bit. After a bit of panel work. Where shes at now. ---------- Post added 22-10-11 at 20:03 ---------- Got some more updates for this: Theres now something inbetween the strut towers and it looks quite good there even if I do say so myself. Next up is to rewire this stupid fuse box and put the 5 speed back in! Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
markER717Archived member
Bit of progress lately: I picked up this the other day 3.45 25 Spline LSD and spent the arvo putting it in. Old diff however just like the rest of the car has so far fought me all the way out! Old man had to take an angle grinder to one of the shocker bolts! got thermos in, and heaps more will post some more photos tomorrow. Okay so been working on knocking some **** off the list on this thing lately, fusebox is done, just have to wire in a relay to stop fuse melting again. Fitted the brand newy I had pictured above, pretty happy she was only an sl less wires to **** around with! Also got most the cooling system on now, but lets face it no one wants to see pictures of rubber hoses. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
markER717Archived member
Car got painted a while ago I just never updated this thread, because I dont think anyones actually reading it haha. i got some pics off my facebook, I will upload better ones later. ---------- Post added 21-03-12 at 04:35 ---------- Been piecing the interior together lately aaand it has windows now, other then that nothing majorly exciting VK SS/ VL GRP A Tail Lights Black Window Surrounds and Silver side molds on. ---------- Post added 21-03-12 at 04:36 ---------- Trying on a mates E2s Venetians and sticker layout and back end is all complete now. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
leb vltArchived member
Lookn gd mate
0 likes
Duke57TTArchived member
Looking good.
0 likes
NZ_bt1vltArchived member
Good job, reminds me of by bt1 build lol
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
good work dude
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 0 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today108

10,780 threads, 78,481 posts and 973 images saved from CT

31.5% of indexed threads saved