Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

HDT VL/VE MOMO's ARE BACK

Started by Paulieeee · 19 Oct 2011 · 66 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

PaulieeeeArchived member
Hey Guys, The new VE/VL HDT has been released, Scheel's and Momo Star wheel's are back in 20's, I'm saving for a set of these bad boy's!! I would much prefer to pay $3000 or $4000 for these than a set of Simmons. Best looking VE HDT by far, if only I had the cash to buy one of these. http://www.hdt.com.au/retro_vlve_sedan.htm Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
HSVXU6Archived member
looks killer its good to see they have made it with the scheel seats!
0 likes
mogilaArchived member
they look superb
0 likes
Build2686Archived member
I think the scoop ruins it, it looks ridiculously large. I believe it would have looked alot better if they stuck to the 1980's design queue with the scoop, I mean the SS Group A scoop didn't cover half the bonnet on the VL? I think they hit a home run with the VK Group A retro, however, missed the mark with this one. LOVE the Stars though! As mentioned above, would take a set of these over simmons anyday!
0 likes
zaksvlArchived member
i really wanna buy the scheel seats and wheels for my project. they look awesome
0 likes
obseshnArchived member
i work at a holden dealer here in perth and we orderd one to be built for my manager to drive
0 likes
PaulieeeeArchived member
Anyone have an idea when the wheels will be available to be purchased separately?
0 likes
Duke57TTArchived member
Yeah I quite like the look of it..my earlier sentiments about me wishing they would look forward instead of back are slightly subdued now. The stars looks tops. They will filter onto the market shortly I would say but as per usual HDT may be difficult with selling them for non-hdt vehicles. I have a HDT vehicle so all good here Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
PaulieeeeArchived member
Yeah I have a HDT vehicle as well so hopefully that should make it a bit easier, and if that's the case, better for HDT owners as they will become more valuable. Want a set ASAP, haha.
0 likes
jet lagArchived member
fark yeeeeees is all i have to say right now
0 likes
obseshnArchived member
yeah HDT will only release them to HDT owners however you must provide vin numbers and HDT certificate to be able to purchase them. my mate has a VK and they wouldnt sell him the aero wheels because he didnt have a HDT. we are a HDT dealer and they wont even sell them to staff
0 likes
jet lagArchived member
is there replica aero's then, cause ive seen alot of early models with the retro wheels on them, how are they getting hold of them i wonder?
0 likes
PaulieeeeArchived member
Yeah there is aero replica's. So what happens if you own a HDT, and want two sets of wheels, Aero's and Momo's to switch between? I don't think thats true anyway as Private9 (www.tuffcarparts.com (http://www.tuffcarparts.com)) off here sells them? So not sure there.
0 likes
RB-GEMArchived member
Maybe we should see if private 9 can get these yet . They look better than the 19 inch aeros
0 likes
Duke57TTArchived member
They do sell them here and there to non HDT people etc its not unknown, its just easier if you have a HDT car. Someone will be maching the wheels, could be Harrop or someone O/S.
0 likes
obseshnArchived member
yeah they are able to get a hold of but most are replicas. and when i say you cant get the aeros i mean the 19" aero's for the retros
0 likes
SL1987Archived member
that looks mental! i want one!
0 likes
genkiArchived member
Rims are meh on that car, probably overpriced as well, would look interesting on an older Holden though. Interior is f*cking sweet. Bonnet bulge is f*cking gay as aids..although I'm assuming many of the Bogans will like it. Oh well!
0 likes
grunter01Archived member
I found my new interior if i can get my hands on it.
0 likes
bewshArchived member
what a car!!! HSV move over
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 2 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today24

18,289 threads, 199,597 posts and 2,204 images saved from CT

53.4% of indexed threads saved