Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

304 - what starter are you running?

Started by Girl Torque · 18 Oct 2011 · 4 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

Girl TorqueArchived member
Hi all Who is running what type/brand of starter on their VL 304? I've ran a universal high output which was crap, and I've just managed to break the rebuilt stock one. Can anyone recommend an aftermarket, high output? I want to know that it fits correctly and has no isses throwing in.
0 likes
TWRACINGArchived member
Use a gear reduction High torque starter made for the Holden V8, any good Auto Elec should have one for around $200. I've got one in my stock VN 5Litre and I'm also running the same type on my 355 engine, they bolt straight up, haven't had any issues so far. The stock starters don't like it when they get hot especially if you have work done to the motor the ones I got work even if the car is overheated. Hope this helps.
0 likes
aZ`Archived member
Can't go wrong with a Bosch unit (they only make gear reduction now)
0 likes
mrvkcalasArchived member
just the standard vt holden v8 starter motor
0 likes
Girl TorqueArchived member
thanks all, that gives me a good starting point.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 1 guest active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today1

12,661 threads, 100,272 posts and 1,280 images saved from CT

37.0% of indexed threads saved