Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›General discussion
General discussion

*LACEYZ VL Calais*

Started by LACEYZ · 11 Oct 2011 · 9 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

LACEYZArchived member
Name: Lacey Model: 1988 VL Calais Colour: Asteroid silver / Silver Bodykit: None Engine Type: 3.0ltr RB30 Engine Mods: None Power: Most likely poor lol Exhaust: Standard Gearbox: Standard Diff: Standard Brakes: Standard Suspension: Standard, about to be lowered Wheels/Tyres: 15" VL Walkinshaw rims with polished lip. Other Mods: None, yet. Stereo: Standard, looking at doing a customer boot install, etc. Cost: $6000 Future Mods: This is a looooooong list. Questions? Why did you buy those number plates? ~ For something different, and I wanted VL on my plates. Why is this a VL to envy? ~ I guess it isn't in most people's eyes. I thought at the time that a VL with 1 owner, a clean interior and only 90,000klms on the clock was a good thing.... Do you know your car isn't that special? ~ Yes. I realise this VL isn't that great. I realise there is nothing really special about it. It's just a stock VL... But it is my pride and joy, and I happen to like it. I've wanted a VL since I was 18, and I've finally got one... The only reason I have made this thread was to introduce myself. Why did you join CalaisTurbo with such a boring car? ~ Honestly, to find out about cruises and to buy stuff for both my cars. Are you a female? ~ Yes, I am. No, I don't know everything about cars. I do work on my own cars to an extent. No, I can't do everything alone. Yes, I do get help from my partner to fix and maintain my cars; but changes made to the cars and items bought and put on it are my idea/choice. I'm not here to brag about being a female either, just explaining why some of my posts might be wrong, why I may be misinformed, and why things in/on my cars look so girly. Why have you posted these questions? ~ Because this is what I normally get bagged out about, so I've already taken the liberty to answer some of your questions, so hopefully there will be less insulting spamming on my thread. Any other questions, feel free to ask me. Thanks for reading. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
LACEYZArchived member
Some pictures: Replaced the old exhaust as it had rusted away to basically nothing, due to the car being bought from down by the beach. (Diff was dropped to try and fit a 1 piece in there, but ended up just using a standard) When I bought the car the pop up's weren't working, so they got fixed. (Pictured with my fianc�'s VL Berlina) Removed the Louvre and invested in some Venetians. When the car was purchased, it had damage to the quarter panel, so I bought a new panel, sanded it back and primed it. It's now sitting in my garage waiting to be painted. And starting fixing my eyelid, which also had damage. (Can't really see it well, but the eyelid has a dent in the middle.) (Eyelid had been sanded back, had bog/filler and then sanded back again in this pic; ready for primer..) (Primed.) (Then primed again, lol.) And I thought I might add some pics of my other Calais, my VS. (Decided to take it to C4C8 seeing as the VL wasn't ready..) Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
leb vltArchived member
Lol at the QnA's but nice car, silver single tone Calais are the ****
0 likes
FAQFPVArchived member
love how neat the inside of the vl is are you from around the southmorang aera i think ive seen the vs calais around
0 likes
LACEYZArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by FAQFPV [View Post] love how neat the inside of the vl is are you from around the southmorang aera i think ive seen the vs calais around Thanks. I drive through South Morang pretty much everyday. Going to and from work or to catch up with friends.. I'm out past Mernda. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
FAQFPVArchived member
i use to allways see you in the morning traffic i was allways in a slammed maroon vp calais
0 likes
fleasArchived member
Sick colour; never turbo it!
0 likes
xAsh-Archived member
^Why not? I just bought a single tone asteroid s2 calais off a one owner old guy too, my plan was to swap over all my factory turbo gear into it from my SL. This one is in heaps better condition than mine though, awesome
0 likes
LACEYZArchived member
Random pics: Removed the other eyelid and nose cone, to be sanded back and repainted to remove stone chips. And decided to paint my venetians... I finally bought a calais badge off ebay. Replaced spark plugs and leads with new ones. Couldn't believe it had the original leads on it still.. CURRENT TO DO LIST: ● Replace windscreen ● New brakes & new tyres ● Re-machine rotors ● Automatic service ● Finish priming eyelids and nose cone ● Paint the above primed parts ● Repaint the black trim around all the windows ● Visit VicRoads and get it registered! Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
LACEYZArchived member
So, I sanded the LHS eyelid and primed it. And sanded and primed the nose cone. The LHS eyelid and nose cone will be primed again with that yellow filler primer and then all 3 will be sprayed again with gray primer, ready for paint. Sat them on the car to have a look. Looks better now that there's no dents or stone chips! And on to my next job. Sanding back all the black around all the windows. (Put some stripper on this bit to test out if it would get it off. It did. ) So we put paint stripper right around the black strip and then scrapped it off with a razorblade. And gave it a quick sand. Still needs another sand with finer sandpaper to remove the scratches. (This will then be primed, and painted gloss black. This process will be done around all the doors as well.) And I bought a Car Bra. CURRENT TO DO LIST: ● Replace windscreen ● New brakes & new tyres ● Re-machine rotors ● Automatic service ● Finish priming eyelids and nose cone ● Paint the above primed parts ● Remove old paint from trims around windows ● Prime and repaint trims in gloss black ● Get RWC ● Visit VicRoads and get it registered! Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 3 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today8

16,157 threads, 155,519 posts and 1,787 images saved from CT

47.2% of indexed threads saved