Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›CalaisTurbo archive
CalaisTurbo archive

Need some info plz on car transport

Started by boosted_wagon · 25 Sept 2011 · 18 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

boosted_wagonArchived member
Guys just want to know who people have used in regards to car transport services and how much to tale there cars interstate as I'm moving to Brisbane in about 3-4 weeks so I need to organize car freighters and removalists
0 likes
sylvia07Archived member
ring CEVA direct, or www.carfreighters.com.au (http://www.carfreighters.com.au). I have brought back two cars from Bris depo to Melb Williamstown depo for $378 each..
0 likes
boosted_wagonArchived member
Cheers man
0 likes
boosted_wagonArchived member
Man u mist no some one for my vl wagon cheapest I can get from ceva is $1075
0 likes
boona86Archived member
I'm using ceva at the moment!! Brisbane to melb in an enclosed trailer with a lift on the back so ride height doesnt matter!! $613 4 working day trip..
0 likes
miskArchived member
my work does cars interstate, dunno if they are good price or not though lol ill ask tomorrow for you
0 likes
boosted_wagonArchived member
I just did the ceva on line and for my vl came back just over 1000, Yeah sweet man get back to me cheers
0 likes
frankstonArchived member
Have a look on ebay for interstate transport or car transport, i got my boat brought down on a trailer from Bribie Island to Melbourne for about $800 and it took about 3 days.
0 likes
kfr50732Archived member
I too have used ceva and it cost me 1000 from sa to country nsw but they were still by far the cheapest. It always cheaper if the company has a depot in your pick up and destination cities. If they have a depot you can drop it off otherwise they will charge alot more to pick up from your house.
0 likes
BaxArchived member
I believe I used Canberra Car Ways. Was around 750ish from Newcastle to Rockhampton. Mind you this was about 4 years ago. But they were pretty friendly and dropped the car off to the door.
0 likes
sylvia07Archived member
google car freighters. You will see a post for a web link that will get you a number of quotes. Believe me. From Bris depo to Williamstown i bought back three VTs for less than $400. Otherwise, there is a guy in Williamstown, called Mark Stretch Transport. He does cash work, but sometimes, it takes week or two to come back, as he only puts my cars on , when he does not have full load. Worth it though.
0 likes
boosted_wagonArchived member
Cheers man
0 likes
sylvia07Archived member
go to www.carcarrying.com.au (http://www.carcarrying.com.au). I just did a quote for a VL Bris to Melb. Depo to Depo is $500, you can do the quote online yourself. If the car is drivable, its the best way to do it. BUT, remember if the car is not yours yet, and you are buying it from someone, do your revs checks first. Then give depo of say $500, and when car is dropped at depo, get person to ring and confirm that that have handed keys to depo, then deposit rest of money in cash to their account. THIS IS THE ONLY WAY to make sure nothing goes wrong if you are buying it. Otherwise if its your own, no prob.
0 likes
boosted_wagonArchived member
I wanna take my vl from Melbourne to brisbane as I'm moving there in 2 weeks for work but the family and the car will come up in December
0 likes
sylvia07Archived member
oh and i forgot to mention. car carrying is like a third party people, and they use CEVA as transport. But if you go Ceva direct, its generally more expensive. Go figure. I have used two transports through them, and they are excellent.
0 likes
dsarayArchived member
i just received a car from brisbane sellers door to the laverton depo for $380 and insured for 60k car was picked up wednesday and i got it yesterday
0 likes
boosted_wagonArchived member
looks like its cheaper to bring cars down from bris instead of back up to bris...cheapest ive found is 700
0 likes
1815261Archived member
http://www.automove.com.au/?gclid=CO...FUhU4godBDQHVg (http://www.automove.com.au/?gclid=COz69onm0KsCFUhU4godBDQHVg) Thats what i used when i got my calais from Melbourne to Cairns
0 likes
miskArchived member
768 through my work, carcarrying.com au
0 likes

This discussion is closed to new replies.

Who’s online

0 members and 1 guest active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today1

12,661 threads, 100,272 posts and 1,280 images saved from CT

37.0% of indexed threads saved