Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›General discussion
General discussion

BA XR6 Turbo Manifold

Started by BoostedVT · 13 Sept 2011 · 8 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

BoostedVTArchived member
Hi Guys, A few quick questions. I am converting my BA XT over to turbo soon. I just wanted to get some feedback around the factory turbo manifold. I am getting a motor built at the moment (nothing to over the top) and will hopefully be pushing a maximum of 400rwk. Is the factory manifold ok for this sort of power? (I dont want it to crack, or warp) Also can you get the factory turbo manifolds coated to help reduce heat? Thanks in advance ---------- Post added 13-09-11 at 22:13 ---------- Bump anyone?
0 likes
fpvnrgArchived member
Factory turbo manifold will support that power mate.. What turbo are you running? I'm pretty sure you can get it coated not sure who does them but I don't see y they wouldnt be able to do it..
0 likes
BoostedVTArchived member
Thanks for the info mate. I am just running the factory turbo
0 likes
fpvnrgArchived member
You'll need to modify the factory turbo to run 400rwkw though!!
0 likes
BoostedVTArchived member
Yes I am porting the comp cover and doing a few other tweaks
0 likes
clarkzArchived member
yeh the factory manifold wil hold that easily, but have you thought about using the FG turbo manifold? have talked to a tuner previously about it and it should fit and there will be less cooler piping.
0 likes
BoostedVTArchived member
I dont beleive there is much difference between the 2! unless someone knows different.
0 likes
wpn_vlArchived member
I believe this thread is about the exhaust manifold. And clarkz would be referring to the inlet manifold.
0 likes
86SLVLTArchived member
buy an extreme turbo manifold. leigh does kits for them
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 0 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today109

11,714 threads, 88,890 posts and 1,195 images saved from CT

34.2% of indexed threads saved