Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

VN Series 1 - N/A Build?

Started by DIDURX · 12 Sept 2011 · 22 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

DIDURXArchived member
So far I've done the following: - Rebuilt Motor, Copper Race Gaskets & All Seals. - Wade 992a Cam & Custom Grind Shaft & Pushrods. - Heads, Ported & Polished. - 40thou Oversized Rings & ACL Race Pistons. - C.O.M.E Racing Twin Throttles w/ Custom Intake Manifold. - 30lb Bosch Red Top Injectors. - 1.7 Yella Terra Rockers & Lunati Lifters. - 2500 TCI High Stall w/ Stage 2 Shift Kitted Box. - Lukey Extractors. Keeping the motor N/A what else can I do for powergains? Is there a better build of a Buick v6? I've also heard the Wade 1114a cam is good with this build but has reliability issues...
0 likes
NZ EVLHSVArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by DIDURX [View Post] Keeping the motor N/A what else can I do for powergains? Is there a better build of a Buick v6? Why not go V8?
0 likes
DIDURXArchived member
Done V8's before. Wanna see how much power I can make off an n/a 6. . Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
invlhvnArchived member
You would make more gain with a turbo
0 likes
DIDURXArchived member
N/A is much more rewarding when you destroy charged cars on the street.
0 likes
invlhvnArchived member
Yeah i suppose
0 likes
NZ EVLHSVArchived member
Realistically how much power are you going to make with an N/A Buick V6 while remaining streetable?
0 likes
invlhvnArchived member
They done it in sc mag it didn't make much so they went to a turbo
0 likes
DIDURXArchived member
My mechanic says I should make close to 220kw at the fly. With a YT charger running on about 6 psi should push 300??
0 likes
obseshnArchived member
supercharge it i know a few that have supercharged a buick v6 and gotten over 300kwat the fly
0 likes
invlhvnArchived member
I thought you said you did not want forced induction
0 likes
DIDURXArchived member
I don't. Just getting figures.
0 likes
Duke57TTArchived member
You need compression and revs... 12:1-13:1ish and bulk revs otherwise your pissing into a tsunami of bolt on gen 3's driving away from you.
0 likes
-VB-Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by DIDURX [View Post] N/A is much more rewarding when you destroy charged cars on the street. therein lies the inherit problem of the moo-machine. spend all the money you want, you want get close to a 'charged' car. from the little bits i've heard, when someone tries to build one of these things, with 4.2 strokers, mass cams, and just generally pouring money into them, they stuggle to make 180rwkw. if you got a down syndrome kid to build and tune you a nugget turbo setup for a buick V6, you'd still have to pull the cooler pipe off to get it to make that little power.. but i do like it when people deviate from the norm so keep us posted Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
DIDURXArchived member
So I started the motor finaly. Untuned its very lumpy, running extremely rich. Getting it tuned next week...
0 likes
5spdvlArchived member
There's a good build on one of these somewhere on CT....I'll find it. ---------- Post added 14-09-11 at 17:27 ---------- Try here: http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showth...light=VP+turbo (http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=153870&highlight=VP+turbo)
0 likes
NZ EVLHSVArchived member
Personally I'd be gutted if I spend thousands of dollars on a engine that only made 200kw, but each to their own
0 likes
DIDURXArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by NZ EVLHSV [View Post] Personally I'd be gutted if I spend thousands of dollars on a engine that only made 200kw, but each to their own Dude, you don't measure your power by kw... My best mate has a vk Calais. He spent 70gs on he's drive line N/A. Just a 383 strikers standard block. Only made 342rwk but made 1200nm of torque. The thing hammers hard...
0 likes
Duke57TTArchived member
I believe what NZ is saying is more so a figure of speech... Follow the Buick Grand National path..
0 likes
NZ EVLHSVArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by DIDURX [View Post] Dude, you don't measure your power by kw... My best mate has a vk Calais. He spent 70gs on he's drive line N/A. Just a 383 strikers standard block. Only made 342rwk but made 1200nm of torque. The thing hammers hard... Sorry how much torque do you think your 3.8 N/A will make? $70k should buy you a 1000rwkw twin turbo LSx with more torque than you know what to do with Cool if you want to do things the hard/expensive way to prove a point, but like I said above personally I don't see the point
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 1 guest active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today4

13,913 threads, 120,163 posts and 1,415 images saved from CT

40.6% of indexed threads saved