Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›General discussion
General discussion

JD's 1987 VL CALAIS

Started by JD-87-VL · 9 Sept 2011 · 7 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

JD-87-VLArchived member
Hey Guys... I decided to make a new account to show off my new joy in my life... Ive been looking for something like this for around a year now.. and after a long hard look and a few in between purchases... i found her! One of the cleanest Calais ive come across and i got her for a steal! So thats her... ill upload more pics in time So far the plan is to get her back to her glory, by getting her detailed in the next week, new headlights, venetians, and lowered a little. And as for the 2530 conversion ill be building her aswell :P Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
samsSLArchived member
Cleeean! What a treat aye, you dont see many (if any) white over silver calais with blue interiors. Is it a genuine calais? and i swear those exterior door handles are off a later model commy, hmmm never see that. Also you should chuck up a photo of the engine bay.
0 likes
SIrollerArchived member
door handles just have scuff plates underneath them. thin aluminium i believe. is it an 8? 6? turbo?
0 likes
JD-87-VLArchived member
As far as I'm aware it's a genuine Calais.. I'll have to double check! And yea they're the scuff plates on the door handles. It's just an n/a 6 ATM i dont wanna wreck it !! I got it detailed today although I'm 8 hours away from her ATM so I'll upload pics on Thursday
0 likes
JD-87-VLArchived member
Well i got it detailed inside and out and in the engine bay abit. The paint was in pretty good knic, but had a few belmishes here and there and just needed to be rubbed back to its former glory! So here are the pics of the process... Before: After.... Bakers Detailing did an awesome job... id reccommend him! PM me if you want his details In other news... i bought a set of new headlights and indicators, so when we have time ill put them in. Hopefully picking up a set of venetians this weekend and getting the wheels whitewalled next friday if all goes to plan! Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
JD-87-VLArchived member
I had some time to kill and decided to install my new headlights... so after getting the quick 5minute lesson "install you headlights sticky thread" in the technical article i decided to give it a crack! The article was really good and was very easy to follow! I had it all swapped over in just under 2hours! with every bolt back in... plus a nice amount of sunburn! But here it is... Looks tonnes better! Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
SIrollerArchived member
came up looking mint!
0 likes
JD-87-VLArchived member
Yea came up good! Ran out of money so I didn't get a chance for the whitewalls and the guy with the venetians has been a stuff around! So I still haven't got them but in the meantime I've replaced the in cabin light with an LED replacement and got the speakers im gonna put in Option audio 4inchs for the front and option audio 6in splits for the back so they can fit under the stock speaker grilles
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 1 guest active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today32

20,476 threads, 241,424 posts and 2,526 images saved from CT

59.8% of indexed threads saved