Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
hey guys I'm new to this so I was hoping you could help me out. I've recently bought a vl calais that had been sitting on a farm for the past four years and hasnt been driving til now. With the help of my boyfriend and his dad who is a mechanic we gave her a complete service, changing everything from leads to plugs to shockers to disc pads. However the other day out of no where she starts chocking and spluttering and backfiring and I lost all power with my foot flat to the floor. Before that I used a fuel treatment and she had been running incredibly smooth. So ive replaced the AFM and she's doing it worse than ever. Ive read it could be a bunch of things related to the air/fuel mix but is there any chance it could be the factory immobiliser?
cheers guys
0 likes
they dont have a factory immobiliser it could be a number of things. AFM, coil, CAS, fuel pump, fuel filter, could be many of things it sounds more electrical than anything considering it been sitting around for years
0 likes
I would say it's probably the CAS (crank angle sensor), but if it's been sitting for four years it could be stale fuel/crap coming from the bottom of the tank, blocked fuel injector, block catalytic converter (or other exhaust section).
0 likes
we replaced the fuel and fuel filter
she was running smooth n den it started again
but it only does it wen d car gets hot
0 likes
turned out to be the internal and external fuel pump if anyone needed to know. easily checkby by a fuel pressure gauge hooked up to your fuel lines
0 likes