Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Meets & events
Meets & events

Scammers (PayPal)

Started by mari0 · 9 Aug 2011 · 8 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

mari0Archived member
hey guys so i put my car up for sale on carsales, trading post, firesport and all day i have been getting msgs from all different numbers saying they like my car and they want to buy it thru paypal but cant come look at the car due to their "nature of work" just giving every1 a heads up but i dont know who would be stupid enough to sell a car over paypal ---------- Post added 09-08-11 at 15:32 ---------- heres one of the 10 emails i have received they are all very similar Thanks for the swift response...Due to the nature of my job and my location i will not be able to come for inspection,am a very busy type as i work long hours everyday,i have gone through your advertisement and i am satisfied with it so i will call you when am chanced but as of now we can be chatting online or sending emails to each other. As for the payment..i will be paying you via the fastest and secure way to pay online(PayPal). I have a private courier agent that will come for the pick up after the payment have been made ...so no shipping included. You can now send me your PayPal email so i can pay in right away and also include your address in your reply.If you don't have a paypal account, you can easily set up one...log on to www.paypal.com.au (http://www.paypal.com.au) and sign up. its very easy.I await your reply asap
0 likes
PROGMHArchived member
What's this got to do with CT? Scamming is nothing new.
0 likes
BaxArchived member
Pretty much as soon as you advertise your car online, especially places like carsales. You can guarantee that you'll get at least one of these emails. Obvious scam - tell every old person you know.
0 likes
freEze_dKArchived member
never heard of scamming before.. whats it mean?
0 likes
Duke57TTArchived member
Well it started with the bible waaayyy waaayyyy back...
0 likes
BaxArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by freEze_dK [View Post] never heard of scamming before.. whats it mean? You know how your uncle promised you candy?
0 likes
bck2basicArchived member
Take it off firesport, that's where they mainly are mate.
0 likes
mari0Archived member
Its getting really annoying im getting at least 5 msgs on my phone a day Firesport and trading post are tge main ones
0 likes
Mr LeighArchived member
Hi, Thanks for the prompt response. I will like to know more about its condition and possibly have more pictures of it. I will be very glad to have more pictures of it. I will be very glad to conclude this as soon as possible. I am a Flight Sergeant (FSGT) of the Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF). As to the price, Do as well advise on the least amount you will like to sell it. I will be very glad to make the payment through my PayPal account as it is very reliable,fast,secure and easy to use and I have my bank accounts linked to my PayPal and shouldn't have any problem making this payment. Due to the nature of my work, I will not be able to come for the inspection. I will however be needing your address so that I can forward it to my shipping agent who will be coming over there for the inspection and shipping. Thanks again and hope to hear from you soon.. Stuart
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 2 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today5

14,401 threads, 129,044 posts and 1,492 images saved from CT

42.1% of indexed threads saved