Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
Hey i've just purchased an original calais turbo and its blowing a fair bit of Blue/White smoke. I think the head gasket is blown due to the previous owner running the boost to high. The engine has been previously rebuilt but i'm unsure weather to rebuild the engine again or just replace the gasket?
I've talked to a few people and a rebuild looks like a very expensive road to take but naturally i want to add a few goodies being my first turbo VL some ideas weather i should rebuild and what parts i should look at buying for a rebuild.
I've heard good things about cometic and genuine nissan head gaskets cons and pros?.
Thanks Travis
0 likes
You first need to pull the engine down, find out what's wrong with it and see if any damage is done.
Look in drivetrain for sale for any parts you need, I've found some good cheap parts at time
Good luck!
0 likes
Depends on your cash flow. If you have the money have it rebuilt stronger so non if this stuff will happen. Otherwise check your shaft play in the turbo & do a compression check.
And about head gaskets. Cosmetic all the way. For me.
http://www.aclperformance.com.au/prod_g_proseal.htm
0 likes
brand new highflowed turbo only started smoking after he put it in the car and wound the boost up. The CAS is moving freely?
0 likes