Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›General discussion
General discussion

Jimmy's Red/Red/Red&Silver 88 VL Berlina Project

Started by jimmyb · 3 Aug 2011 · 0 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

jimmybArchived member
Hey Guys Bout time I put my Reader Ride up, My Project atm is my Red 88 VL Berlina, Grey Interior, (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/845/22374110150280730612022.jpg/) Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us) (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/842/27115110150267085012022.jpg/) Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us) I already had an 87red berlina project, engine swap, Fresh black VK lights, Extractors, Creamy tan interior, looking forward to a Turbo, Sadly it was stolen in the night..... When I found this 88 berlina, I had a think and decided, "No, I want a RED BERLINA to sit next to my blue/blue/silver calais!" "Just like i had planned, Red turbo Berlina & Blue v8 calais" "Start Again I will" Persevere! Anyway So I scored it for a reasonable sum, with some front left damage, Badly damaged Grey Bumpers, and a rusty boot, A few distant prangs, but exellent insurence fix's involving new paint. (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/594/28493110150267084117022.jpg/) Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us) I changed the nosecone, bonnet and qtr panel, Without much hassle bending the headlight plate back into posotion, Gave it a brand new front bumper kit (kingswood country $110) And an exellent orig silver rear bumper set up, and painted the door moulds silver also. But really I've alway's Enjoyed the thought of a Red Interior, I believe only 86's came out with the Red Interior... I've thought of painting stuff red, But rather the Authentic thing! (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/220/22880210150275807087022.jpg/) Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us) So after much searching around the right Berlina popped up for 1k, I bought It, Took all the goodies off and replaced them with oldies, Took all the Red stuff and replaced with Grey exec stuff, So I still get to keep my grey berlina set interior up. Surprised by the Red Interior, the Seats and Door trim- are of a really course carpet like material? Compared to the slight fluffieness of other colors.... anyway- I painted the Steering Column metal part, Handbarke & Gear Stick Metalic, (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/20/28193810150280730472022.jpg/) Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us) I couldn't rip the roof out... I'll just get It Redone in Valour Red later- In the mean time I brought some Red fabric dye - in a can, Taped up all the usual spots, and whacked it on in the usual manner, -Lightly! (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/560/22378910150280729697022.jpg/) Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us) (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/847/21660010150280730522022.jpg/) Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us) (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/846/21664110150280730557022.jpg/) Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us) I used a whole can on the first day, It was still a bit light, The second can really coated it and it came up quite nice, I could of got a darker Red but thought It Might Go too Dark- Ventilation was an issue for me, should have prepared for that lol! (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/11/25021410150280732427022.jpg/) Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us) (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/856/28352710150280732472022.jpg/) Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us) I haven't Put the dash in yet, I'll keep going tomorrow, Put the door seals on, dash in, seats in, new map lights, See how she turns out! Future involves; Engine out, work done, bay smoothed out, boot pimped out, Aero Skirts on, engine in, turbo on, Wheels, All the usual's & Ye olde Black VK berlina tail lights! Thanx guys keep ya posted Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 1 guest active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today14

16,734 threads, 167,402 posts and 1,893 images saved from CT

48.9% of indexed threads saved