Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD
For Sale? Or Wanted? FS
Price/Amount $5500
Open to Swap? No
State NSW
Short Description for title? 1987 Genuine VL Calais Turbo
Genuine Turbo Motor? A8? Yes
Transmission? MANUAL
Currently Registered? Yes
REGO/VIN Number? -
Contact Info Other than this Forum?Description I have been battling and battling to find someway to keep my car, but I have been left with no option but to sell it.
It's a 1987 Genuine Holden Calais Turbo, was originally Auto, but now Manual.
I have had it garaged and been doing things to it over the last 18 months. I have maintained it's rego even though it has been rarely driven, but did not want to risk any chance of it falling out of rego and going through the whole blue slip process.
The rego is due at the end of this month but I can easily top it up 6 months at the new owners expense, or just arrange the pink slip.
I originally intended to have an aftermarket engine bay look, but maintained all the original inside. So there is a high mount exhaust manifold, T3/4 Turbo, forward facing plenum and Intercooler with custom short piping. Still needs little things here and there, but all the expensive stuff is done.
I have attached a few pictures to check it out. So if your a keen and interested buyer, please contact me for any further information.
I will not be selling it for much less as I have already been offered an amount from a friend of mine. I am just seeing if there is anyone on here that may have interest so I can get that little bit more for it.
I am also considering wrecking it, as the parts alone are worth around that much and I know a lot of guys on here are chasing various Calais bits as well as genuine running gear.
0 likes
hey mate, does it have any rust? how many km's? what gearbox is in it?
cheers
0 likes
It has a little bit on the front window, none on the rear and none in the boot that i found either. The KM's are around the 170k from memory and the box that is in it at the moment is a reco'd MF5 and I also have a spare.
I was still in the process of chasing a R33 box. So I done the whole conversion to factory standards, using the N/A fly wheel so I could just bolt the R33 box in when i picked up one. I wasn't in any major rush, because this was being built as a cruiser not something to make huge power, so the MF5 would have been fine until then. I also have 2 spare manual tailshafts that I was going to get one ready with the right yoke for the R33 box.
All the 5 speed plates and insulation have been fitted, I also obtained the exact colour manual surround to match the Beige interior. So it all looks very genuine.
0 likes
Yeah unfortunately I am not after any swaps. If i was able to keep a second car it would be this one. But I have to go back to only having 1 car.
0 likes
Last day before it goes on ebay or gets wrecked.
0 likes
Is the car running, where in Sydney are you located?
0 likes
No, it's basically all assembled, but just having a bit of a battle with getting it to idle. It starts up but revs itself up to about 4000rpm. Then there is just fiddly little things left to do, which i have most of the parts already.
It's about 95% done.
0 likes
19-08-11, 14:43 GMT+10#10 Bump.
Have had a few people look, been happy with the car overall, but wanted something to get in a drive away. This is not the case unfortunately. So once again, here is a chance to get a FULL GENUINE 87 Calais Turbo for way under $10k. Yes it needs a few things done still to be drivable, but still being registered and no hassles of having to get a Blue Slip, it has been priced accordingly.
So if you are chasing a Calais Turbo to hop in a drive away, this is not it. This is more a chance to give yourself an almost finished project and also the best chance of ever making money on it in the future as it is a genuine turbo from Factory.
0 likes
22-08-11, 23:07 GMT+10#11 The car is now SOLD.
Mods you may remove add. Cheers
0 likes
This discussion is closed to new replies.