Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Meets & events
Meets & events

Registering Trailers

Started by patch · 24 July 2011 · 9 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

patchArchived member
Hey guys, I've tried searching on the RTA website but have come up with no real info on what is the process of registering a trailer? How do i register a trailer which has run out of rego? -Do I just go to a normal blueslipper? -Does it need a yearly inspection? -Can I apply for a temp rego if I was to buy an un-regoed trailer to drive it home? Hopefully you guys can point me in the right direction Cheers
0 likes
aus880Archived member
re inspections: depends on weight and whether it's braked or not most trailers don't need annual inspections has the trailer still got plates on it and how long has rego expired ??
0 likes
patchArchived member
I havent bought one yet Russ, I'm trying to sus out which one would be best to buy What would be pros vs cons of regoed and unregoed trailer?
0 likes
aus880Archived member
unregoed ones are always cheaper and a bit harder to sell good trailers generally sell fast i'm a bit rusty on trailer regos and don't want to risk giving you wrong info so try calling the RTA 13 22 13 make sure you get a receipt with sellers name and address and that the trailer has visible chassis #
0 likes
INFLYTArchived member
P.M me patch with your specific questions.
0 likes
patchArchived member
Spoke to RTA, all sorted now btw, if anyone has a box trailer for sale let me know cheers guys
0 likes
INFLYTArchived member
I've got many.
0 likes
patchArchived member
really? I just need a box trailer, dont care on condition too much, as long as its still toweable and lights work regoed, preferrably, but will take unregistered as long as its still got plates and rego papers
0 likes
INFLYTArchived member
Any size required?
0 likes
patchArchived member
any size call me man [phone removed]
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 7 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today20

17,446 threads, 181,610 posts and 2,045 images saved from CT

51.0% of indexed threads saved