Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›General discussion
General discussion

HELP!! V6 into hilux

Started by !!brad!!! · 22 July 2011 · 3 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

!!brad!!!Archived member
I want to put a V6 in my hilux but not quite sure how big or difficult it is... I'm pretty handy with the tools so going to give it a crack myself... Now what I was wondering is Do I use T5 box or get an adaptor plate for the hilux box? If not what tailshaft issues? And do I revert to clutch cable or use VT on slave cylinder? Wiring loom?? How much of a prick? Engine mounts? Do I need to do any fab work on k frame? Any help would be awesome
0 likes
hotboxArchived member
calls marks 4wd in dandenong they do conversion kits to suit various engines, ive got a v6/t700 in a twin cab and honestly id go strate to an ls1 if i ever done it again
0 likes
FLY-03LArchived member
http://www.v6conversions.com.au/info...WD%20Hilux.htm (http://www.v6conversions.com.au/information%202WD%20Hilux.htm)
0 likes
!!brad!!!Archived member
Yeah mate would be handy if I didn't have to buy it all thanks though If anyone has any pics of what the engine mounts look like and the wiring loom if they could send me some pics that would be awesome!
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 0 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today5

14,848 threads, 137,631 posts and 1,574 images saved from CT

43.4% of indexed threads saved