Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›CalaisTurbo archive
CalaisTurbo archive

Red Star Fabrications - direct replacement or custom made parts

Started by RedStarFab · 13 July 2011 · 212 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo (partial recovery). Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

RedStarFabArchived member
available only to calaisturbo.com.au is a new name from a familiar face, or should I say username ISL33P Coming from the same single person who has been a contributor and sponsor of ct.com.au for close to a combined 10 years and priding myself on the two most important things being customer service and end quality of the finished product is establishing a new business to fabricate a massive range of straight bolt in or completely customised products to fit your car. Combining some 7+ years of manifold fabrication and a growing demand from customers for other products made to the same high standards comes a massive range of direct replacement or completely customised parts. Pricing is as follows: Standard replacement partsFuse box cover - $140 Fuse box replacement catch can - $200 (all with original K&N air filter) Power steering bottle $110 (length is optional at no extra charge) Wiper bottle replacement $150 (uses standard wiper motor) Overflow bottle replacement $160 (comes with fittings for factory hoses) Under car surge tank - coming shortly Radiator cover - from $140. They can be made to go all the way over the fan shroud but that will be extra - pics of this coming shortly. Surge tanks - all available with either push on or AN fittings sizes of your choice1 litre single outlet - $120 (only available with single outlet) 2.5 litre single outlet - $130 2.5 litre twin outlet - $150 4.5 litre twin outlet - $200 Catch cans from $200 including original K&N air filter. Your imagination for its placement is the only limitation. Can be put, along the chassis rail, under the battery or standard airbox, down low behind the radiator, inner wheel arches....the list goes on. Can include baffles, oil drain/return Airboxes from $300. Commonly mounted in the original position. They can be fitted with a bellmouth both prior to the turbo inlet pipe and also on the end of the intake pipe for the airbox which is feed from behind the bumper bar - have a look at the pic below for the one I done for a twin turbo R33 GTR Fuel cell and tanks starting from $700 with all weld on fittings required and lid - can add custom made mounts and fuel level sender Intercoolers with internal deflectors for more efficient use of the complete full core from $1000 - can modify existing intercooler from $350, yes even the chinese ones Triple flow radiators from $900 Delivery is additional and times may vary - Polishing starts at $35 per unit Any questions on products, pricing or specs, please pm me, I am more than happy to offer help or advise regarding any of these products. Cheers, Ariel Where quality is not compromised Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
RedStarFabArchived member
Finally got the first batch finished today. It is pretty much a complete package for a single customer, combining direct replacement, being the fuse box cover (pic 1 left to right), wiper bottle (pic 2), power steering bottle (pic 3) and custom made parts coolant overflow (pic 4) and catch can (pic 5) which sit behind the headlights which also helps with the hiding of wiring. As you can tell these are in a completely raw finish as they were welded. All of these are actually going off to the polisher on Monday so I will have pics of them polished hopefully by mid week, fingers crossed. I will also be making them available in a swirl or scotch brite finish aswell as the raw or polished finish. For this same customer has also asked me to make a radiator cover and a scuttle panel cover....the last one being a bit of a mission but a very nice way of finishing off the engine bay. Something which I have been asked a lot for is the fuse box replacement catch can (pic 6). Anyway, enough of me typing, I will let the pictures do the talking. I am just trying to finalise the pricing on these items and when I have I will let you all know. In the meantime, I am happy to take any questions on these or any other customer made products you may need. Cheers, Ariel
0 likes
7FOUR7Archived member
Good Stuff Ariel, you still making plenums? I will get one, one of these days haha
0 likes
RedStarFabArchived member
Thanks Brad, yeah the plenums will not be going away there is still plenty of demand for them. I am just now in a position to almost everything and anything from home after splurging on some more machinery. Are you still doing the ca? Reason why I ask is because I am after a car to "sponsor" which will be smeared over the internet, magazines and events. Also, here is a couple of pics of a surge tank I made recently. Looking at giving these away for FREE for anyone purchasing a package of parts similar to those pictured above. These will be available with either push on or AN thread fittings with single or twin pump outlets. Ariel
0 likes
7FOUR7Archived member
certainly still doing it mate, pm me if you have something in mind
0 likes
INFLYTmelbArchived member
All the best with the new business venture ariel! :)
0 likes
ADICTIVArchived member
i am very interested in the scuttle panel cover.... Is that going to be full length? Hinge to hinge? Pics when youve made it please... Cheers dave
0 likes
DA HOONArchived member
good to see this starting up Ariel :) from the work ive seen so far, this stuff is going to be in demand just like the plenums!
0 likes
BT130TArchived member
Ariel u will definatly be a busy man once word gets around. ur work is always A1 keep it up man
0 likes
RedStarFabArchived member
Thank you gents, let's just hope it all goes well. I have worked my a55 to build a good, reputable brand with proven results and a quality end product and this is just an extension of that. ADICTIV - yes it will be the full length. There will be plenty of pics when I finish the first one shortly. I will hopefully have a radiator cover done and I have also been asked to replicate the factory fan shroud so they should work well together. This thread will be flooded with with pics so people can see the work and detail that goes into the work. Cheers, Ariel
0 likes
MuFFiNArchived member
When would these items become available to the general public?
0 likes
invlhvnArchived member
Prices
0 likes
RedStarFabArchived member
MuFFiN - of course I have just started by adertising on this site only and the word will spread. Plenty of non-VL owners look at this site so hopefully it picks up from there. bibbs - I am just finalising the pricing at the moment. I will update the first post once I have. It should be all done over the weekend. Anyone can pm me for pricing if you are interested in anything in particular, I already have a couple of orders for custom made parts. Cheers, Ariel
0 likes
RedStarFabArchived member
Prices are up for everyone. Pics of airbox example and 4.5 litre surge tank as mentioned in the edited first post
0 likes
AlthoatsArchived member
Hmmm droptank for an r31? :)
0 likes
invlhvnArchived member
do u make vl washer bottles ? how much if so
0 likes
NukzArchived member
If the quality of this gear is like that of your plenums (which I'm certain it is), then these parts are second to none. Goodluck with the business venture mate
0 likes
RedStarFabArchived member
No worries at all Althoats :-) I will add it to the list for when the car is getting everything else done here......what's another thing to the ever growing list lol Wiper (washer) bottle is $150 plus delivery Thanks Nukz :-)
0 likes
invlhvnArchived member
cheers ill get some soon do they fit straight up no mucking around ?
0 likes
AlthoatsArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by RedStarFab [View Post] No worries at all Althoats :-) I will add it to the list for when the car is getting everything else done here......what's another thing to the ever growing list lol Hahaa thats not my car, thats joels! i have a silo that is copping a 26/30 but will be getting alot of your goodies aswell, but im very interested on a drop tank for my 31
0 likes

This discussion is closed to new replies.

Who’s online

0 members and 1 guest active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today1

12,662 threads, 100,322 posts and 1,281 images saved from CT

37.0% of indexed threads saved