Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

Running too Cool?

Started by VNCPTR · 9 July 2011 · 2 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

VNCPTRArchived member
Hey all, Today I wired up some twin thermo's from a EL to my VR 5 Litre, now iv put Twin thermo's on and have them running constant (putting a Davies, Craig switch in tomorrow) but iv made it so iv got a over ride switch to turn them off. Anyway having them running constantly the gauge barely moved of the resting point thing on the cluster.......... So I though id check the radiator hose to see how hot it was and if there was pressure there, I could squeeze the hose and hold it with ease even after the car had been running for a good 25-30 mins. as soon as I turned the fans off the temp started to rise like normal (so I knew the cluster worked), pressure built up like normal so I turned the fans back on and not long after tuning them on the temp started to go back down and lost the pressure in the top radiator hose........... Its a VR Worked and Charged 5 litre...... What im wanting to know is would it be ok for the engine to be running that cool if I was to leave the fans running constantly? Is it bad to have no pressure and heat from the water hose?
0 likes
aus880Archived member
you need to check temp and pressure after driving not just running with no load engines need sufficient heat to run properly, too cool can be as bad as too hot my advice is don't leave them running constantly
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by aus880 [View Post] you need to check temp and pressure after driving not just running with no load engines need sufficient heat to run properly, too cool can be as bad as too hot my advice is don't leave them running constantly you are a wise wise man aus880
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 0 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today1

12,706 threads, 101,112 posts and 1,281 images saved from CT

37.1% of indexed threads saved