Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›General discussion
General discussion

0-SODVS Series 2 Alpine White VN SS

Started by Nackerz · 5 July 2011 · 35 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo (partial recovery). Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

NackerzArchived member
Model: 1991 VN SS Kilometers: 240,000 Colour: Alpine White Gearbox: Turbo 700 Drivetrain Stock SS diff Engine: Injected 5 litre Power: Stock Exhaust: HSV Extractors and 2.5" Suspension: FE2 Brakes: Stock SS Brakes Wheels/Tyres: VN SS Wheels Stereo: ****ty cd player (Soon to be changed) Current Mods Not Listed Above: Stage 2 shift kit Mild Cam Head work Single Thermo (Thinking of throwing a set of twins on) Thats it as far as I know Future Mods: Usnsure yet, Might get a gilmore belt for it. Info: Just brought it, Came with rego. Taking it to work on Wednesday to do a rwc on her. Replaced the water pump, Spark plugs, Oil & Filter, Rocker cover gaskets and did a Coolant flush and not to mention some high beam globes :P My other half just brought me a set of plates for xmas/birthday present. Once I transfer it into my name I will put them on at the same time hopefully. Needs a little tidy up but should come up sweet. Came with the original books and a few receipts since 1996. Pretty much a full service history as the service section in the holden book has been filled out Pictures: Plates: Build Sheet: Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
aus880Archived member
that's a nice looking example, don't see many white ones mostly metallics what do the plates mean though?
0 likes
NackerzArchived member
o so devious the plates stand for. Yeah hence why I brought it. Needs a little tidy up. Chasing a front bar as the ss front bar was damaged and replaced with an exec bar, still has the ss lip on it tho and fog lights. Its only a standard option one, however its been converted to power options, elec mirrors and windows. Cruise control has also been added, except I just need a module.
0 likes
leb vltArchived member
oh so devious
0 likes
aus880Archived member
thanks guys
0 likes
NackerzArchived member
No worries, I was looking at an atlas grey one, however he wanted way too much for it and it needed a paint job bad. This has original paint and only needs a touch up Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
leb vltArchived member
love tidy stock looking vn ss's i have a freshly sprayed atlas grey roller sitting at my place begging for a tuff setup, just put a new sticker kit on it etc.. will defo be keeping an eye on updates mate!
0 likes
NackerzArchived member
Well I put in some twin thermos last night. Will see how they go. If not, well im not sure what im going to do... The guy had gauges above the stereo, Said in the ad they came with them... When I picked the car up, I said where are the gauges? His reply was, Im not leaving them in for the price you paid for the car. Anywho, so there is holes there. Not to worry for now as I just through some gauges in there to cover the holes. ---------- Post added 06-07-11 at 18:50 ---------- Well guys, got my plates today Heres a pic of them Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
NackerzArchived member
So yesterday after I finished work, we went to melbourne. I brought some door seals, cruise module, elec mirror wiring, anothe cruise switch for the dash and some rear window regs. Taking in the wirring and door seals to work 2moz, going to put them on and do a rwc on her so I can transfer it into my name
0 likes
NackerzArchived member
Put some door seals in today. Doing the rwc in the next couple of days as its in at work. Will see wha else it needs
0 likes
NackerzArchived member
Ok so I have got the cruise in and done. All I need to do now is get a front bar, convert the rear to elec windows (Have complete doors (Diff colour tho), Put wiring in for elec mirrors and its converted to full elecs then Also put the pass front gaurd mould back on too . Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
[SLY.747]Archived member
wtf is with the back windows?
0 likes
NackerzArchived member
shade covers on there because of our 4 and a half month old ---------- Post added 16-07-11 at 19:36 ---------- Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
satansLBOArchived member
thats the best car you've ever posted :P
0 likes
NackerzArchived member
brand new windscreen going in 2moz morning. Then for a brake test and write out the rwc. Then get her transfered into my name. Throw the plates on her at the same time. Then time to do some tidying up on her! Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
cyco-vsArchived member
them fog lights are not vn ss man they seem like off a vt or vs they look to big apart from that it has potential
0 likes
NackerzArchived member
yeah I know there not original ones man, but thanks. Its also not a vn ss front bar either ---------- Post added 21-07-11 at 18:44 ---------- Brought a brand new gm handbrake cable today from work. Just have to fit it.
0 likes
NackerzArchived member
Wrote out the rwc today, passed the brake test. Bringing it home 2moz after work. Then next week sometime will transfer it into my name. Next weekend I pick up my vy sigs for her too.
0 likes
NackerzArchived member
Hey Guys, I put some drilled and slotted rotors on today, and put the 19's on until I pickk up my sigs. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
NackerzArchived member
Hey guys, just got home from melbs, picked up the sigs Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 3 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today27

18,860 threads, 206,393 posts and 2,290 images saved from CT

55.1% of indexed threads saved