Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›General discussion
General discussion

Studebaker 4n71b

Started by alpayed · 3 July 2011 · 0 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

alpayedArchived member
Hi Guys Perhaps a bit out of place here but I need some help. I have coupled a 4n71b to a Studebaker V8 in a GT Hawk. The transmission has a valve body shift kit so it should handle the 160Kw this thing produces. On the first test drive the tranny slipped a lot. After a lot of oil level checks I think it is OK, Measured and checked the modulator rod, it was 0.5mm short, new rod and the slipping has gone but the shifts are flared 1-2 and 2-3. OD shift OK. I have played with different rod lengths but not much change. The Stude produces a heap of vacuum, (22in at idle) it will cruise at 16-18in. I think its playing up with the vacuum modulator. My next effort will be to put the measured rod back and play with an adjustable modulator. As a side issue I had a torque conerter made to suit with no lockup. I have deleted the pipe from the rear of the transmission to the bellhousing which I beleive is for the lockup only. is that the pipes only function? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Allan
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 2 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today5

14,422 threads, 129,416 posts and 1,495 images saved from CT

42.1% of indexed threads saved