Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

Diff ratio with r33 box and rb25

Started by obseshn · 23 June 2011 · 14 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

obseshnArchived member
Hey guys I just fitted a LSD to my vlrb25det which I'm running the r33 box. Currently I'm running 345 ratio in my diff. What would be the best diff ratio to run with the rb25 and r33 box
0 likes
5spdvlArchived member
Whatever you want. readreadreadreadreadread (http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=155191)
0 likes
obseshnArchived member
What would be the best ratio for acceleration off the mark
0 likes
TUXEDOArchived member
R33's have 4.11:1 but they rev at around 3,500 rpm @ 110 km/h.
0 likes
obseshnArchived member
Not a daily driven car so not a huge issue
0 likes
5spdvlArchived member
The highest ratio you can get for a stock VL BW78 is 4.11:1, from a Nissan Pintara. This will give you the greatest acceleration, but as said, you will high a high engine cruising speed.
0 likes
obseshnArchived member
Would 3.9s be good option then
0 likes
obseshnArchived member
bump anyone i have searched but all i can find is diff gears with a mx7 box and rb30 im running rb25det with r33 box
0 likes
Ant_manArchived member
Did you end up running the 3.9 ratio if so wat rpm it at 110 ?
0 likes
PSI086Archived member
I'd go with 4.11. Thats what's in the R33 which the driveline came out of
0 likes
Ant_manArchived member
Thats wat I was leaning towards or 3.9 which skyline have in the auto , that way won't be singing at 110-120 but still get moving off the line as wanna take mine to drags once get everything right ---------- Post added 30-03-12 at 12:37 ---------- Just wondered wat others where using and wat a 3.9 would rev at 110
0 likes
MARMO.Archived member
I had the stock 3.45's with 230rwkw and was perfect wouldnt want the gears any shorter , my vote leave it as is. (this was rb30et but) though I still feel the same as if it was the 25, mate had 25 with 4.11's and bearly any time in gear
0 likes
Ant_manArchived member
Yeah I'm running 33 box I just want it to leave the line a bit quicker
0 likes
MARMO.Archived member
Just more revs and slip the clutch a bit to try and get boost off the line/quicker What turbo/mods has the 25 got so far?
0 likes
Ant_manArchived member
Clutch won't slip its a twin plate carbon fibre put same one in my bro car he can hold it on limiter 7g drop clutch in 4 gear and it just smokes the rears we had it on a power skid at show no one would believe it how well it grabs , so yeah getting moving a bit of issue lol
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 0 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today109

11,892 threads, 90,729 posts and 1,221 images saved from CT

34.7% of indexed threads saved