Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

cory vl turbo

Started by invlhvn · 8 June 2011 · 19 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

invlhvnArchived member
Hey my name is Cory. I've been through 2 vl's to get it how I want it. I'll start off with my first one. The front end was bent and it needed to be painted. I decided to buy another rolling shell. Well this is the shell I bought. My mate got started on the new shell. The engine was in and I decided to take it to my mate who has a shop called Shaw performance. On my way to Shaw performance. In the process of all this I lost my licence for 8 months my car sat at Shaw performance for 6 months getting worked on. at Shaw performance Mods new extreme heavy duty clutch new machined fly wheel new alloy radiator new 3� exhaust dump pipe back new pacemaker 3� dump pipe new 600x300x75 intercooler new front speakers new amp new parcel shelf speakers new flip out dvd player new boost controller new steering wheel new 19� apec chrome wheels car got completely rewired new alarm and immobiliser new central locking painted dash Currently the car has just got painted black. I am buying calais moulds for it on Monday, Here is a picture after the painter was finished ---------- Post added 09-06-11 at 11:32 ---------- I bought all cream leather interior should be ready this week. Will put pictures up when they are in the vl Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
invlhvnArchived member
I bought some calais moulds today. off a Johnny hyde some poeple might know him he has a monster vlct called sherrif thats runs 8 second qauters. i should be getting my moulds on thursday. take the to the machanic and he will spray them and put them on for me. they are very hard to find these days
0 likes
invlhvnArchived member
Get my car back in four days but it has to go to supatrim for the leather hopefully my machanic has sprayed my moulds should look good
0 likes
invlhvnArchived member
Though i was getting my car back but i have had a few issue with my dvd player its hitting the dash. so my stereo bloke is fixing it next week and my seats should be here on the 21st then it goes to supatrim for fitting. My moulds are done havnt got any pictures yet. i also bought a vl turbo diff this week disk to disk i will be getting a mini spool soon but first im going to get my dash and my centre console done in leather. will post pictures up as soon as i get to see my car complete
0 likes
marcgArchived member
Sh*t yeah dude that looks hot! Love black VL's, don't dig the chromies but hey, personal opinion. More pics!!
0 likes
invlhvnArchived member
Yeah I love black vla it's got Calais moulds just have to put them on it will look heaps better. I like chrome everyone got their own taste those maybe some black Simmons would look good but for a sat of twentys would be worth a ****load ---------- Post added 18-07-11 at 15:15 ---------- [QUOTE=bibbz;2792448]Yeah I love black vla it's got Calais moulds just have to put them on it will look heaps better. I like chrome everyone got their own taste those maybe some black Simmons would look good but for a sat of twentys would be worth a ****load . I'll get some pics with the moulds and the leather in two weeks when I'll have it back and post them man ---------- Post added 18-07-11 at 15:17 ---------- [QUOTE=bibbz;2792448]Yeah I love black vla it's got Calais moulds just have to put them on it will look heaps better. I like chrome everyone got their own taste those maybe some black Simmons would look good but for a sat of twentys would be worth a **** load . I'll get some pics up in two weeks with the leather and the moulds for you ---------- Post added 18-07-11 at 15:52 ---------- Thanks man i love black vls to. I have my calias moulds for it and skirts my machanic just has to put them on. When he does the wheels will look better. Everyone has their own taste i love big chrome but i would not mind some simmons black centre with the chrome lip would look good but that would cost around 5,6 grand wich i could spend my money on better things ---------- Post added 18-07-11 at 15:57 ---------- Thanks man i love black vls to. I have my calais moulds for it and skirts my machanic just has to put them on. When he does it will look better with the chrome. Everyone has their own taste i love big chrome but i would not mind some simmons black centre with the chrome lip would look good but that would cost around 5,6 grand wich i could spend my money on better things
0 likes
invlhvnArchived member
Shaw performance got my molds on today. Looks heaps better needs lowering more and a good wax and polish. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
AnthoArchived member
Nice mate, get some more pics up of it with the new colour
0 likes
invlhvnArchived member
Here is a picture going to the compliance office in town. Still have to get it registered had to change the (cas) after i got it back from the compliance people. it wouldn't start ! ---------- Post added 20-08-11 at 11:32 ---------- I have got my leather interior also. But i wont be putting that in until the 3rd of October when it is booked in. Going to have it nice and fresh for c4c8 Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
zaksvlArchived member
change the tail lights, would look smick.
0 likes
invlhvnArchived member
No way the tail lights look good i recon. With the two tone silver and black and the big chromies
0 likes
FLY-03LArchived member
Sweet looking car man but those tail lights have to go. Get some VK berlina tail lights from TYC in there, will look 100% better.. trust me. Factory tinted and lack surround to match the black moulds and car Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
invlhvnArchived member
? :/ you recon i have thought about the idea of Calais tail light. Cause i am getting the pop up front. But in my opinion the black and silver with the chrome wheels suits the clear lights but everyone has their own opinion. Ill buy a set and see how it looks cheers for everyone comments it has been a long process to get it to this point. so people saying that they think the car is nice makes me very good. Considering the amount of money i have spent on the car.
0 likes
aus880Archived member
as above get rid of the ricey tail lights
0 likes
invlhvnArchived member
ill think about it
0 likes
FLY-03LArchived member
Yea fair enough. But ah, if youre going calais front end get the rears to match for sure, and youve already got the calais moulds. I was just saying berlinas for a quick slap in to neaten it up. Itll look neat all calais gear.
0 likes
invlhvnArchived member
Yeah i know what you mean. I recon i will cause the clears make it look abit cheap i will source some tail lights garnish thanks for the advise
0 likes
invlhvnArchived member
Paint needs fixing in some parts
0 likes
invlhvnArchived member
Finally got my vlt back today spent another 500 just to get it on the road. registered it yesterday drove it wouldn't hit boost so changed the in tank pump still the same so had to buy a external pump from bursons. So i will not be putting in my seats for a little while next on my list will be getting the paint fixed getting some calais lights and garnish and then my interior. and then i mite try to get a haltech my mechanic told me my car is running lean
0 likes
invlhvnArchived member
did someone say tucking wheel Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 2 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today23

18,003 threads, 193,996 posts and 2,149 images saved from CT

52.6% of indexed threads saved