Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
Well looks like you guy's have help CT out grow another server.. it's been struggling for a while so we are moving to a bigger, faster and newer Server...
Fingers crossed it all goes to plan..
We are scheduled to start the move at about 8pm (Melb/Syd) time on Sunday night..
Should only take a few hours and we will try get it all back up and running ASAP. Hopefully well before 10pm.
Sorry for any inconvenience but hopefully this server lasts us a little longer than the old one..
Steve.
0 likes
Noooooooooooooooooooo........ what will I do without Calaisturbo???
New server sounds good though...
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Done!
We are on the new server....!!
0 likes
took a bit longer but aslong as were back online now. i almost died from no CT today
0 likes
Yeah a lot longer than what we thought.. apologies to everyone...
Big thanks to Gav (platinum) for staying up and making sure the move was gong as planned.. and for answering all my stupid questions this morning trying to finish it off and get it all back up and running...
0 likes
Looks like DNS hasn't quite refreshed on some of the ISP's DNS servers yet.
Taken advantage of the AUS dollar and moved to an American host now Steve?
0 likes
Always hosted over in the states.. It's a lot cheaper.. I got a quote for something similar to what we have now and i'm looking at about 5x the price.....
And yeah I noticed it hasn't propogated to some ISP's. and dependent on what time i jump on it will take me to the new server or old..
I've just edited my hosts file for now... should be fine by tomorrow morning...
0 likes
Ahh... never really took notice of the old ct server ip address...
Well hopefully everything goes well with the new server...
0 likes
30-05-11, 22:45 GMT+10#10 So far so good but it hasn't gone through a full peak traffic.. we'll see tomorrow...
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
31-05-11, 07:45 GMT+10#11 why can I access ct on my phone but still not on my computer, 3 days now with out ct I'm on the edge now and im about to jump.............
0 likes
31-05-11, 11:18 GMT+10#12 Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocopopz
[View Post]
why can I access ct on my phone but still not on my computer, 3 days now with out ct I'm on the edge now and im about to jump.............
Clear your DNS Cache on your computer.
0 likes
31-05-11, 16:12 GMT+10#13 No luch with me on my laptop, tried clearing dns and all browser settings etc any other ideas (typing on phone atm)
0 likes
31-05-11, 17:23 GMT+10#14 Weird - that did it for me.
Change the security settings on the computer that you are unable to access this site on. This can be done in Start/Control Panel/Internet Options. Then look at the settings under the 'Security' tab. Also, a software firewall may also be preventing you from being able to access the site. For temporary purposes, disable any firewall that may be running and then try again.
0 likes
31-05-11, 18:18 GMT+10#15 I didn't end up doing anything, checked it tonight and all works ok now
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
31-05-11, 19:10 GMT+10#16 Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocopopz
[View Post]
I didn't end up doing anything, checked it tonight and all works ok now
More power to you bruvva......
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
31-05-11, 20:53 GMT+10#17 Would of been due to your ISP's DNS server not being up to date.... easiest way around it would be to use a proxy outside AUS like Kproxy.com
0 likes
31-05-11, 21:20 GMT+10#18 I'm using a US Proxy at the moment.. its being extremely ghey and it works for a while and then swings to the we have moved announcement.. kill the old server all ready. For whatever reason it is swinging between the two. Is anyone else having this issue?
I've done the old ipconfig /flushdns, net stop dnscache, net start dnscache and kicked my modem a few times etc etc.
0 likes
31-05-11, 21:24 GMT+10#19 Remember to send all complaints in a PM to Platinum
http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/member.php?u=3
0 likes
31-05-11, 22:34 GMT+10#20 killing off the old server won't make a difference.. it will just give you a 404 error instead
It will resolve itself.. unfortunately it's out of our hands...
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes