Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›CalaisTurbo archive
CalaisTurbo archive

FS [VIC] full 5 speed conversion

Started by StockyMcStock · 17 May 2011 · 24 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo (partial recovery). Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

StockyMcStockArchived member
As title states. Everything included. MF5 Gearbox, shifter, clutch lines, master and slave (rebuilt slave recently), pedal box and pedals, clutch good for 200rwkw (full face organic with uprated pressure plate), tailshaft fully rebuilt by driveline services in QLD only done 5000km, upgraded uni joints, new centre bearing, perfect condition. Gearbox was whining mildly in all gears - it's the input shaft bearings. Not super noisy but I would replace them. Haven't had time to do it myself, front inspection plate is off the box so they're easy to get to - a gearbox shop can probably do it for 100 bucks or something, I just don't have time to get it done. All synchros on the box are very good and it shifts well. Price $450 for a very quick sale. I'm moving house this weekend so needs to go then! It's all on a pallet ready to be picked up. Was all pulled from my running car about 3 months ago. Located in North Melbourne. Cheers
0 likes
StockyMcStockArchived member
bump, still here
0 likes
12maneymArchived member
pedal box?
0 likes
StockyMcStockArchived member
Yep, included. Although I think the auto and manual ones are the same, just without the pedal - but it's been years since I did all this stuff so I can't remember. It's there anyway if you want it.
0 likes
12maneymArchived member
flywheel?
0 likes
StockyMcStockArchived member
Everything
0 likes
calais25tArchived member
throw out bearing?
0 likes
slamedvpArchived member
300 cash
0 likes
StockyMcStockArchived member
nah sorry doesn't come with 300 cash, my bad. I didn't realise that was part of the conversion. I've really got egg on my face now! Don't I look like a fool, ohohohoho!!
0 likes
StockyMcStockArchived member
price drop to $400, don't make me part this out - I really CBF
0 likes
StockyMcStockArchived member
price drop $350, will part it out if it doesn't sell at this price!
0 likes
6statoArchived member
ill grab it pm me details
0 likes
Born2xlr8Archived member
dam ill need this soon, but cant afford at the moment, do mf5's suit turbos?
0 likes
Wkd_VlArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Born2xlr8 [View Post] dam ill need this soon, but cant afford at the moment, do mf5's suit turbos? wont last long with boost. better off getting a mx7 or r33 box
0 likes
StockyMcStockArchived member
if you don't smash it into second and third gear they last for ages. retards doing clutch dumps in second and third is how they break. This box had 235rwkw put through it for nearly 3 years and it's fine because I was gentle and fed the power in smoothly. The synchros etc are all fine and it shifts well still. Having said that, the input shaft bearings eventually became a bit noisy so yeah, more than 200rwkw is pushing it for longevity of the box. But maybe they would have become noisy anyway? Who knows.
0 likes
Born2xlr8Archived member
ok well price is good timing is not, if its still available when i got some cash ill let you know and come get it. GL with sale otherwise
0 likes
BS-86VLArchived member
hey mate do you still have it all and were abouts are you located?
0 likes
joshmx250Archived member
yeh mate if ya still got this, could i have your number so i can contact ya ?
0 likes
Phase5Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by StockyMcStock [View Post] nah sorry doesn't come with 300 cash, my bad. I didn't realise that was part of the conversion. I've really got egg on my face now! Don't I look like a fool, ohohohoho!! hahahahahahahaha good call.... typical ct user trying to get something for f ucking nothing.... seemingly im not bloody surprised.
0 likes
StockyMcStockArchived member
still here, I was supposed to get pics for someone (i'll go check my pm's now) but then i realised the box is wrapped up in a tarp in my garage and the rest of the parts look exactly like a clutch, flywheel, shifter and tailshaft etc. i promise i'll get onto that though tonight. if you have a quick scan of the first post in this thread there may be a subtle hint as to where I am located josh i'll pm you back now
0 likes

This discussion is closed to new replies.

Who’s online

0 members and 7 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today20

17,446 threads, 181,610 posts and 2,045 images saved from CT

51.0% of indexed threads saved