Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
Hey guys just after some helpful ideas
I want to supercharge my Vn 6 Banga with about 8-11 psi
Now what's needed???
I want to rebuild the engine first to make sure it's strong enough
Any good places??
I'm chasing 200-250 rwkw!
Any ideas on engine mods would be great
Also any ideas on mods for the time being ?
It's a series 1 v6 Buick motor
Current mods:
Extractors into hiflow cat and 2.5inch straight pipe
5 speed manual
Pod filter
LSD diff
0 likes
Buick motors are a dime a dozen. if i were you id just throw a blower kit on with supporting mods to suit ie. fuel system, aftermarket ecu. or if you are rokkafella and have 50 dollar bills to wipe with you could buy a 4.2 stroker and run 20psi? but thats big bucks. my 2c cheers dean.
0 likes
dont bother and put an 5.0l in it
0 likes
my standard 6 beats standard 5l lol........ why make it slower
0 likes
i do beleive that a v6 would beat a 5l ive seen it happen before. 5l's are ****ing hopeless motors
---------- Post added 15-04-11 at 17:00 ----------
my v6 vr ute beats stocka 5l's
0 likes
Cheers dean very helpful what price am I looking at for strocker what charger would run good ect?
What power could I expect for stock internals will it pop on 8psi ?
0 likes
4.2 strokers where like 4500? somewhere around there last time i looked but that was in an ecotech if ur heart is set on superchargeing it why not just do a motor swap with a super 6 out a vs? fuel system ecu ... 58psi might crack 150rwkw lol
0 likes