Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
Hey guys i want to know how i should go about building a 12 inch sub box for my vl, atm it will just house 2 ****ty clarion 12 inch subs but i plan on putting 2 type r's in it, should i have it ported or not?
What dimensions?
Cheers
0 likes
yeah i wanna know aswell, I own a pair of Alpine Type R 12' Subs but wanna keep boot space
0 likes
2.5 cubes each sub ported. With around 15sq inches of port a cube.
Ported type Rs like big box and big port area.
Sealed would be around 1.5-1.7 cubes each
0 likes
If you love hard hitting bass with punch I can vouch for sealed. I'm running 2 Alpine type R's with a PDX1.1000 in a sealed box in the VZ. Only one thing I hate is the noise of my sunglass's vibrating in the sunglass holder LOL.
0 likes