27-02-11, 22:56 GMT+10#1
hi, I have viewed this site many times for tips and info and i have found it very helpful and decided to join
I bought my VL about a year ago, the auto tranny was stuffed and i got the car for 600 bucks. I looked into recon trannies and i could get another auto for 750 bucks or a manual with a conversion kit for 1500.
I grabbed the auto, because i dont have funds to pay 1500 for a gearbox, although i would have loved a manual. put the new tranny in, and it drives like a dream. i'm still only on my L's, as i havnt had the time to complete logbook etc for P's. getting on that soon though.
at the moment its running slightly rough, nothing major it could be the CAS on its way out or somthing else. other than that i love it, and couldnt ask for a better car.
Make / Model: 1988 VL SL
Colour: Red
Bodykit: None
Engine Type: RB30E
Engine Mods: None
Power: Not sure
Exhaust: Not sure
Gearbox: Auto
Diff: stock
Brakes: stock
Suspension: stock
Wheels/Tyres: chasers/bridgestones
Interior: stock grey SL
Stereo: crap, getting new unit soon.
freshly washed, still wet >.<
future mods: well, im not too keen on lots of performance mods at the moment, mainly because of state laws rada rada rada. but im looking for rims, new suspension, eventually a respray and maybe some other small things.
(http://img196.imageshack.us/i/1013437.jpg/)
(http://img829.imageshack.us/i/1013435.jpg/)
(http://img222.imageshack.us/i/1013441.jpg/)
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
