Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›General discussion
General discussion

wakeboarding thread

Started by VLT 88 · 22 Feb 2011 · 14 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

VLT 88Archived member
ok so i just went out and brought myself a wakeboard and have been learning behind my mates boats and brothers jetski... anyone else into this?
0 likes
EpitaphArchived member
i am... i just want a boat!
0 likes
WeLLsYArchived member
I'm into it, head to the water sports centre in patterson lakes every now and then. A mate is buying one of these, and then I'll become a pro. Cos I'm pretty useless at the minute ha ha Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
VLT 88Archived member
You can come with us then Kane! Wellsy that boat is awesome! I've been behind a slalom boat or jetski ATM hanging to get behind one with a decent wake... Although next time we have x2 fat sacks to through in! ---------- Post added 22-02-11 at 18:40 ---------- You guys got any tips for a beginner? I can clear the wake heelside and do small grabs etc havent tried toeside yet tho. And have tried a couple of tantrums but am finding it hard to commit to enough pop before rotating...
0 likes
oskArchived member
to get the correct pop when u reach the top of the wake, its hard to explain but u kinda need to push down or straightem your legs. that way u will get more pop and be able to go bigger etc ---------- Post added 22-02-11 at 18:31 ---------- Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
WeLLsYArchived member
Sort of the same way you do an "ollie" on a skateboard... Something to motivate http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2oy7b4SFgE
0 likes
oskArchived member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCZco...eature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCZcoWggulY&feature=related) When he is not in the states harley lives 5 mins down the rd from me and rides every single day on the logan river Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
88 ChaserArchived member
Your such a poser Steve
0 likes
EpitaphArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by VLT 88 [View Post] You can come with us then Kane! Wellsy that boat is awesome! I've been behind a slalom boat or jetski ATM hanging to get behind one with a decent wake... Although next time we have x2 fat sacks to through in! ---------- Post added 22-02-11 at 18:40 ---------- You guys got any tips for a beginner? I can clear the wake heelside and do small grabs etc havent tried toeside yet tho. And have tried a couple of tantrums but am finding it hard to commit to enough pop before rotating... Let me know when you are going on a sunday mark!
0 likes
VLT 88Archived member
Yeah I'm fine with it on a straight jump, but when u go for a tantrum you flatten out and just touch toeside for a split second before you through the rotation for the backflip. Just a lil tricky to sus it cutting in so hard lol but I'll give a go... Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
oskArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by 88 Chaser [View Post] Your such a poser Steve thats the way i roll
0 likes
VLT 88Archived member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LdrEmeHtcA after watching this i think ive been rotating at the bottom of the wake not the top... definently have some food for thought now lol
0 likes
LUXJETArchived member
my new missus has a speed boat and all the boards.. score!!! i already surf, skate and everything else so this should be pretty easy
0 likes
CLNGMHArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by osk [View Post] I believe I took that sex picture. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
ScottyvArchived member
I do a bit of cable ski-ing every now n then it's fun sh*t
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 0 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today31

20,264 threads, 237,003 posts and 2,511 images saved from CT

59.2% of indexed threads saved