Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›General discussion
General discussion

DMD TUNING R31 DRIFT CAR BUILD NOT a VLT BUT CLOSE

Started by dmac_25 · 8 Feb 2011 · 10 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

dmac_25Archived member
Thought it was time for us to hit the track and burn some rubber. It also gives us a chance to put our sticker on the side to promote the business and have some fun. I got the car in feb this year as a pretty clean car would have made a good cheap first car. Most of the parts for it will be what we have around the shop custom made or our of china. The car will receive 1000cc injectors (Ready for E85) Nistune board custom DMD high mount manifold heat wraped china 50mm gate Holset HX35 turbo rebuild kit done by us custom 3 inch exhaust straight out exiting at side near rear passenger door china cooler custom cooler piping blitz bov z32 AFM 3 inch inlet pipe custom dash with gauges stripped interior and sound deadning cams weld in cage done by us r32 gtst front brakes DBA 4000 rotors hawk semi comp pads hydraulic handbrake s13 front suspension conversion s13 coilovers of some type DMD spec oil cooler Ford teritory rims to and prob drift tek's what ever is cheap just Jap bucket seat it has an LSD will put a spool in. DMD Custom BIllet rear 5 stud drive shafts DMD custom MFD display with touch screen with every engine parameter standard high comp RB30 220,000km on the clock turbosmart boost tee xtreem clutch R33 Gearbox DMD custom front lip bonnet pins battery in boot I'm sure there will be something I missed which I will add later. The car is an auto at the min and I will tune it with it as I want to run it at Calder and see what it runs. We are putting bets on how many runs it will take and how quick the car will go. The car made 180rwkw with a slipping auto and then decided to blow out the inlet manifold gasket so the head is coming off and just about there. I will chuck a cam in it and do some head porting while its off as well. While the head was off i put in. Camtech cam. Ported the head. Double valve springs. New lifters REseated the valves APR head studs Cometic Head gasket The auto is now out and the R33 gearbox is in Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
dmac_25Archived member
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
dmac_25Archived member
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
dmac_25Archived member
Bucket seat is in and looking good. Just waiting on the tailshaft then onto the dyno
0 likes
obsesvArchived member
are the pics in reverse order? howcome the dyno sheet only shows 140kw? only little boost? looks good tho, good progress!
0 likes
dmac_25Archived member
Yeah mate that's the way they are in photobucket when I copied all links. There is a few reasons one was it blew the gasket between the upper and lower manifold there was a low spot I had to take 8 thou off to square it up. 2nd the auto is knackered. Just the other week before I riped the auto out I had it on the dyno after the head work we did and the cam as soon as I load the car up on the dyno it's slips. If you follow the graph it was above 170 with the manual in 20psi and e85 should top a nice 300. Picking up the tailshaft some time today and my modified steering rack should turn up today as well ---------- Post added 16-02-11 at 08:15 ---------- Actually mate I stand corrected I have another dyno sheet with 170
0 likes
dmac_25Archived member
Finally found some time to get it on the dyno and tune it. At 19psi just topping 300rwkw the old Turbosmart boost tee is getting a bit sad and wouldn't let me keep going past 19 it's been in a few of my cars over the years. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
obsesvArchived member
thats nice power man! dead stock bottom end?
0 likes
dmac_25Archived member
Stock n/a bottom end just with a cometic 2mm head gasket. Need to now setup the surge tank and Bosch pump and run e85 and more boost. Picking up some e85 tonight
0 likes
Andy-30LArchived member
duude thats more than enough power to smash out some tyres. hit the track an start rippin it up an get some photers on this sucker Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
dmac_25Archived member
Yeah should be enough go to burn some rubber I do like lots of tyre smoke tho which is should chuck out a fair bit. Also keen to see how it goes on e85 could turn the boost down a little and make the same power or go harder and crank the boost right up and see how long the engine last.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 1 guest active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today32

20,476 threads, 241,424 posts and 2,526 images saved from CT

59.8% of indexed threads saved