Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›General discussion
General discussion

Buying an xr6 turbo

Started by wpn_vl · 14 Jan 2011 · 22 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

wpn_vlArchived member
Hey everyone. I'm in the market for an xr6 turbo. And just wanting people's thoughts on if I should buy one now? Or wait 6 or more months and buy one then? I have found one at a good price that I really like. Only thing is I still have 5 and a half months till I get my license back. Other thing is my pay rise is still almost a month away which would help being approved for the finance lol. Just after some thoughts from people that im not living with lol. Matt
0 likes
NZ EVLHSVArchived member
Sounds like you a) can't afford one, and b) can't drive one
0 likes
wpn_vlArchived member
I can afford the loan payments quite easily. And yeah can't drive anything till the 7th of July.
0 likes
GArchived member
ah you saw my thread now you want one eh Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
wpn_vlArchived member
That plus I'm always in me mates 240rwkw xr6 turbo lol.
0 likes
aus880Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by NZ EVLHSV [View Post] Sounds like you a) can't afford one, and b) can't drive one Exactly, there's your answer WAIT they'll be cheaper, you'll have more money and be legal
0 likes
wpn_vlArchived member
Nothing would of been illegal. **** driving without a license.
0 likes
INFLYTArchived member
Pick of the bunch is the BF II XR6 Turbo.
0 likes
aus880Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by INFLYT [View Post] Pick of the bunch is the BF II XR6 Turbo. agreed, in auto or for a bit more a Typhoon or an F6
0 likes
PROGMHArchived member
I'd wait. A mate bought a super 6 statesman when he had lost his license and would not shut the **** up about it for 6 months while it sat in his driveway. Stop looking until you have a license, you'll find something nice and they'll probably be $1000 cheaper in that time, plus you can test drive it too.
0 likes
wpn_vlArchived member
any reason that the bf mk II is so much better? yeah i think the waiting would be the better option, it'll pay off as i'll have money then instead of spending it all on the car between now and then lol.
0 likes
sxx359vlArchived member
coz they got the best of everything. no **** gear boxs or clutchs. but hosie u seriously want a ford?? not keeping the vl anymore lol
0 likes
PROGMHArchived member
Make sure it's a BF II made after 06/06 as they have the bigger rods instead of the match sticks, plus as mentioned better boxes.
0 likes
wpn_vlArchived member
I was thinking of going a 3 speed. Which would defeat the purpose of buying the more expensive car just for the better gearbox. But I do like the 6 speed auto's. The stronger rods would be handy though and the good valve springs from factory. And Robbie. I've already got 2 falcon's lol. Vl has no aircon, no heating, no powersteering, no speakers or headunit. Don't think I'd like it as an only car.
0 likes
GArchived member
Get a BF man. If you get a BA and put a 3 speed its alot of maintainence, get a BF and all you have to do is keep it serviced regularly and you'll be able to make big power with standard box/engine
0 likes
wpn_vlArchived member
How much will a stock bf mkII 06/06 and newer engine and 6 speed auto handle? Cause I would be awesome to just buy. Injectors, surgetank, flash and tune and not need to worry about anything else.
0 likes
VL-86-92Archived member
i'd wait off mate. gather all the info you can between now and when you get your license back and then you will know exactly what to look for. Plus you can test drive it too which is a big plus
0 likes
wpn_vlArchived member
Yeah been talking with the mrs and going to wait. Most likely end of buying a house first. But might go an fg or a 2007 f6.
0 likes
HYE-GHMArchived member
sell the Mrs, will give you more money for the car and less hassles then a thrashed XRT
0 likes
INFLYTArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by wpn_vl [View Post] How much will a stock bf mkII 06/06 and newer engine and 6 speed auto handle? Cause I would be awesome to just buy. Injectors, surgetank, flash and tune and not need to worry about anything else. Every jerk has their own opinion, but 350-400rwkw comfortable out of the BFII.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 2 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today23

18,026 threads, 194,513 posts and 2,150 images saved from CT

52.7% of indexed threads saved