Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Meets & events
Meets & events

What is a Good VL Wgn Worth

Started by DaveSS · 13 Jan 2011 · 22 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

DaveSSArchived member
Hi All, As the title states what would a rust free, low kay, recently painted VL NA Berlina Wagon be worth Any idea's would be great. Ta, Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
genkiArchived member
There was one for sale for about $5500-6000. It looks pretty mint! Hard to say, but it's worth whatever somebody is willing to pay I personally wouldn't pay that much for an N/A VL, but that's because I'm a stingey mofo! Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
DaveSSArchived member
LOL Genki, Same here... There is one on carsales and gumtree it's painted gold he is asking $5750 it is in Very good condition! No rust and low kays. I was thinking of converting it to a turbo as I have spare complete turbo set up in the shed. $4000 is all I think it would be worth? Quote: Originally Posted by genki [View Post] There was one for sale for about $5500-6000. It looks pretty mint! Hard to say, but it's worth whatever somebody is willing to pay I personally wouldn't pay that much for an N/A VL, but that's because I'm a stingey mofo! Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
scott666Archived member
if you go back threw the gumtree thread i think there was a auto na calais for 30 grand... It had 3000ks on the clock.. Probperly still for sale if you wanna pick up a bargin
0 likes
DaveSSArchived member
$30,000!!!!!
0 likes
SteveArchived member
yeah an NA wagon isnt worth what he's asking, paint job on an old commodore doesnt mean much these days...
0 likes
_vendettaArchived member
my 5spd wagon was 1500 2 years ago, granted the 5spd was rooted but the body was in mint condition. i miss it.
0 likes
Ln0801Archived member
Bro I'd only pay that price in nsw Not worth 6 for a Na wagon If u are patient and willing to look around u would get a good deal It took me 1 year to find a good condition vlc and I only paid 3 k for it
0 likes
Ln0801Archived member
Bro I'd only pay that price in nsw Not worth 6 for a Na wagon If u are patient and willing to look around u would get a good deal It took me 1 year to find a good condition vlc and I only paid 3 k for it
0 likes
BLOWN R8Archived member
scrap metal is worth 190$/ton atm!
0 likes
abrowne70Archived member
My manual vl berlina, mint condition, interior mint, motor and gearbox mint, good tyres cost me $2700. Blown R8, good time to get rid of some of your cars then aye, you can finally make some money on them
0 likes
DaveSSArchived member
Cheers Guys, I will stick to looking for a Calais I think...
0 likes
scott666Archived member
It was a few weeks back but I saw a v8 vl wagon with a aero kit. It was dark grey with 15 inch mags.. Wasnt in perfect condition but looked aiight. That was 4g.... It was on great eastern hwy out front of the kfc. Might be worth a look.
0 likes
genkiArchived member
Hmm.. Well if you're keen on the car DaveSS, go and have a look, no harm in doing so - if you don't like it, and aren't impressed in any way just don't buy it That way you'll at least have something to compare it to, instead of assuming it's just "in good condition" or comparable to these so called "bargain buys". (*cough*) This way you might actually see a reason why the guy is asking more, and in all honesty I reckon it's a decent price if it's as clean as the owner says - I also heard that it's very very good on petrol, so all it's electrics & mechanics are fine...one would assume. You might even be able to low ball him and work your way up Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
SQU33CArchived member
my old man is looking @ selling this VLC Station wags PM me if you would like more info
0 likes
DaveSSArchived member
Hey Genki, I have seen the car and it is Shmick better than the other 7 sedans I have checked out so far. No rust and Paint only has a couple of little marks, trim is like new runs sweet but dose have a decent oil leak, looks to be coming from the sump gasket. Just not sure about the wagon part lol. but thats is something I have to deal with... I may look around for a little longer then come back to it Quote: Originally Posted by genki [View Post] Hmm.. Well if you're keen on the car DaveSS, go and have a look, no harm in doing so - if you don't like it, and aren't impressed in any way just don't buy it That way you'll at least have something to compare it to, instead of assuming it's just "in good condition" or comparable to these so called "bargain buys". (*cough*) This way you might actually see a reason why the guy is asking more, and in all honesty I reckon it's a decent price if it's as clean as the owner says - I also heard that it's very very good on petrol, so all it's electrics & mechanics are fine...one would assume. You might even be able to low ball him and work your way up ---------- Post added 14-01-11 at 13:36 ---------- Really looking local (wa) only at the moment SQU33C Quote: Originally Posted by SQU33C [View Post] my old man is looking @ selling this VLC Station wags PM me if you would like more info Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
SkyWalkerArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by SQU33C [View Post] my old man is looking @ selling this VLC Station wags PM me if you would like more info Bro in NSW VLC Wagons worth 15K How much u thinking of letting it go for??
0 likes
VP_WagonArchived member
The tailgate on the berlina wagon is from my old VH wagon and the stereo deck was mine at one point.
0 likes
DaveSSArchived member
You know the Car Mate... Any info? Quote: Originally Posted by VP_Wagon [View Post] The tailgate on the berlina wagon is from my old VH wagon and the stereo deck was mine at one point.
0 likes
VP_WagonArchived member
Yeah certainly do. Was a one owner, owned by an old man kept the car maintained always stored undercover except the tailgate he sold in the low 100 000ks area, then another old man bought it who replaced the tailgate and resprayed it just to make it all good again. Fitted the stereo so he could listen to CDs. Then sold to the current owner, who I have no idea about. It was in really good condition the last time I saw it.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 0 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today5

15,718 threads, 148,523 posts and 1,712 images saved from CT

45.9% of indexed threads saved