Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
Hey guys wondering how strong 25 spline axels are reason I'm askin is my full spool hasn't arrived at the diff shop yet so I mite have to use my welded 25 spliner at motorvation it's manual and has 380hp and it will be gettin dumped on 4 grand with a full car load do I have a change of gettin away with it for motorvation ?????
0 likes
My old berlina manual vl had 300 hp with a disk break 25 spline diff. thrashed the crap out of it and it diddnt break..
Diffs are cheap you could always bring a spare along.
0 likes
Take spare axels, centre should hold
0 likes
didn't mark (vlt 88) have a 25 spline LSD for a while?
he smashed that sh*t and it lasted a little while
although, LSD might not be bad on the driveline as a 'spool'.
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Fick yeh sounds promising maby hahah the diff lasted rev heads burn out comp in a vn v6 auto and the axels didn't twist so maby the diff just Luvs it
0 likes
defenetly take spare axels lol
0 likes
as jack said. take spare axles, ul be kicking urself if it breaks in the 1st couple hrs!
0 likes
Think I'm gona have to make a poll if I've gotta use them spoke to the diff shop today they gona make something custom if this spool dnt get here
0 likes
yes u will need spares dude and alot of em used to smash heaps of em in the blown vl
0 likes
11-01-11, 22:09 GMT+10#10 Lol well hopfully my diff will be done in time
0 likes
12-01-11, 10:32 GMT+10#11 it'll be clutch dumps with a carload of people that breaks em dude
0 likes
12-01-11, 12:23 GMT+10#12 yeh don't load up on it in a short period of time ie hard clutch pops and shift dumps and it'll last ages. Transbrakes kill them, my diff housing dented the underside of the chassis/floor pan in my old red rig. Would have made for an interesting moment for anyone sitting in the back middle seat
0 likes
12-01-11, 12:44 GMT+10#13 Drop it on limiter mate!! 25 spline Axles will hold no matter how hard you give it to them my grandpa drops them everywhere!
0 likes
12-01-11, 12:57 GMT+10#14 I had a 25 spline LSD in my manual injected 304 for years without any problems. I then supercharged it (250rwkw) and on the first day I snapped an axle and stipped the centre changing between first and second
0 likes
12-01-11, 13:06 GMT+10#15 I used to smash them n/a... regularly. To be 17 and on P plates again. Those where the days.
0 likes
12-01-11, 16:48 GMT+10#16 19 on p plates. These are the days
0 likes
12-01-11, 16:54 GMT+10#17 To drive around before hoon laws, those were the days.
Wouldn't trust them for over 10 seconds in ur setup.
0 likes
12-01-11, 17:45 GMT+10#18 What about in a vl with a stock rb25
0 likes
12-01-11, 17:46 GMT+10#19 depends how much of a sick **** you are
0 likes
12-01-11, 18:03 GMT+10#20 I know they dont like 25psi transbrake launches with slicks on...
0 likes