Preserved from CalaisTurbo (partial recovery). Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
planning on running my vl on 98 and e85 on a seperate tune.
currently the car has standard lines.
im planning on running twin 044 bosch feed from a 2L surge tank
with a standard intank
fuel rail is a 14mm cnc style and 1000cc rochester injectors.
also running an aeromotive fuel pressure regulator.
now i was considering running another fuel line and have duel feeds too the fuel rail from. one line for each pump and one return using standard size lines.
is this a realistic approach? any suggestions would be great.
a something like this....
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
If you run two supply lines with only one standard size return line you might have a situation where the larger volume of fuel can't return to the tank fast enough creating excess pressure at the rail.
0 likes
U will want Teflon lines if u plan on running ethanol
Also just get a dual feed rail with centre return
I run twin 044 pumps each has it's on feed line to the rail with a centre return
All Teflon lines with id1000 injectors
Good enough for over 800rwhp on e85
0 likes
There is not much of a big deal with running Ethanol and rotting fuel lines. Fuel with Ethanol will only start to rot lines when the fuel is not used often enough, when it sits for say a week or so (for instance) the fuel separates in the lines and the Ethanol then starts to eat the fuel lines.
If you run it through often enough you should have no trouble with it eating your lines.
0 likes
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyVK
[View Post]
U will want Teflon lines if u plan on running ethanol
Also just get a dual feed rail with centre return
I run twin 044 pumps each has it's on feed line to the rail with a centre return
All Teflon lines with id1000 injectors
Good enough for over 800rwhp on e85
sounds good too me
the fuel rail as previsions for two feeds and a center return or what have you.
still got the n/a bottem end in it some going to be interesting but e85 sounds **** hot.
0 likes
Nothing wrong with what your planning.
Few options, run dual 3/8 or 1/2" hardline feed lines from the 044's with check valves. 3/8" or AN-6 in an efi setup will do over 1000hp..
Kinda like Osk's setup except he came into single line into a bulkhead and under the car.
Or you could run teflon if only using e85 or meth or rubber based if you plan to use both fuels.
The only thing people forget is return lines can be just as important as feeds. Big is better as stops getting any back pressure on the reg.
0 likes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke57TT
[View Post]
Nothing wrong with what your planning.
Few options, run dual 3/8 or 1/2" hardline feed lines from the 044's with check valves. 3/8" or AN-6 in an efi setup will do over 1000hp..
Kinda like Osk's setup except he came into single line into a bulkhead and under the car.
Or you could run teflon if only using e85 or meth or rubber based if you plan to use both fuels.
The only thing people forget is return lines can be just as important as feeds. Big is better as stops getting any back pressure on the reg.
what are check valves?
not too keen on getting under the car and trying to bend up bundy tubing or what have you as fuel line think it would end with a pretty poor result...
0 likes
one way valves basically out of the 044's. If one 044 stops performing so well or at all you can push the fuel back through one of the pumps, the car won't hold pressure and you lean out.
I'll get you some photos of a hardline setup I helped do under a car. It was pretty easy and looks pretty cool.
If not Teflon or rubber hose is your best bet.
0 likes
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyVK
[View Post]
U will want Teflon lines if u plan on running ethanol
Also just get a dual feed rail with centre return
I run twin 044 pumps each has it's on feed line to the rail with a centre return
All Teflon lines with id1000 injectors
Good enough for over 800rwhp on e85
Gook luck !
0 likes
29-12-10, 14:04 GMT+10#10 Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke57TT
[View Post]
Nothing wrong with what your planning.
Few options, run dual 3/8 or 1/2" hardline feed lines from the 044's with check valves. 3/8" or AN-6 in an efi setup will do over 1000hp..
Kinda like Osk's setup except he came into single line into a bulkhead and under the car.
Or you could run teflon if only using e85 or meth or rubber based if you plan to use both fuels.
The only thing people forget is return lines can be just as important as feeds. Big is better as stops getting any back pressure on the reg.
decided too bite the bullet going to run 3/8's feed and return
also went a brought load of an fittings two check valves and a y piece.
just need to order another 040 and find somewhere that does alloy bundy tube, should work out well.
0 likes
29-12-10, 15:04 GMT+10#11 lol coulda ordered it from me.
0 likes
31-12-10, 05:37 GMT+10#12 the single -6 return will be a problem with your setup as you want to have just as much return as feed as dukes saying, the fuel supply flow never changes so when the car is idling the car uses not much fuel so what goes to the engine must come back.
one of my old cars used to run 2x044s, 2x check valves, 2x-6 feeds, twin -6 feed rail with -8 centre return, fpr2000 reg as it had the -8 ports then went to a y block on the bottom of the reg then used the 2 existing factory fuel lines as returns, bit smaller return but worked fine and wasnt that expensive, made 800rwhp with that also...
and duke ill be calling you soon for some lines and fittings for that build too...
0 likes
31-12-10, 05:57 GMT+10#13 Sounds good, after I save up and get my aftermarket ecu, ill be focusing on an e85 set up. I was thinking of a walbro gss342 intank feeding an undercar tank -6an line. From there into 2x 044 pumps with check valves 6an lines into a y piece changing to 8an feed to the rail ( dno if ill run just braided or get ally hardline done on the car). There to fuel rail, rail out to an fpr2000 with 8an return line. But I might do grunters idea and use the standard lines as return. What u think? Also duke, with an intank pump with e85, what's the options with the small hose that connects to the pickup? Just thinking that a normal hose wouldn't do as its bathed in the stuff 24/7
0 likes
31-12-10, 06:18 GMT+10#14 i used a carter black 100gph lift pump to a 4ltr surge tank, but as for the tank centre i took it out and got it fitted out with bigger 3/8 lines for the feeds as the 5/16 in the centre are a bit small...
0 likes
31-12-10, 07:52 GMT+10#15 I must be missing something here,
TroyVK has nearly the same fuel system as I had yet his will handle 800hp atw on E85 yet mine maxed out on C16 at 721hp atw and E85 needs approx 30% more flow, not picking just scratching my head big time as I wanted to change to E85.
Next we are all going on about how big the return line needs to be has anyone looked at the size of the hole in the return from the REG I have and mines about 1/4 dia thats like 6.35mm yet we are saying that -6 is not enough once again I dont have a problem and I now have 1600cc injectors and 3x044's yet mine works sweet, ok I run C16 but if you need 30% more for E85 then wouldn't that make less returning.
0 likes
31-12-10, 08:00 GMT+10#16 Honestly I am a bit anal with my fuel delivery.. always have been after I melted an engine being a tight prick.
Nothing ever hurts being bigger, but the fill from the main tank to the surge is less critical as long as you have your return plumbed into your surge and then a return from the surge plumbed into the main tank.
The 5/16" line should have no problems filling the surge.. but if I had the time I would change it.
My new setup which I plan to have as e85 compatible, runs 4 pumps into Y blocks, two -6 hardlines up onto the rails and a -10 return through an Aeromotive -10 reg. If I get close to killing that I will move to a belt driven pump. It should do 1500hp. I hope.
---------- Post added 31-12-10 at 10:07 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHERIF
[View Post]
Next we are all going on about how big the return line needs to be has anyone looked at the size of the hole in the return from the REG I have and mines about 1/4 dia thats like 6.35mm yet we are saying that -6 is not enough once again I dont have a problem and I now have 1600cc injectors and 3x044's yet mine works sweet, ok I run C16 but if you need 30% more for E85 then wouldn't that make less returning.
Yeah I asked exactly the same question.. Jake of Jakes Performance basically said any pressure on the back of the reg can cause issues with fuel pressure holding correctly and said if you can do it go large. If you have a large set of pumps feeding the return will flow more fuel than the feed through the injectors.
Having 4 700hp pumps feeding mine, it should be interesting to see how it goes. If I have trouble am going to look at bringing it back to two pumps for idle and use a hobbs pressure switch to bring the other two pumps on as it transitions into boost.
0 likes
31-12-10, 09:02 GMT+10#17 Im just abit iffy having a carter pump on my under car setup, especially on sydneys **** roads.. Anyone got an idea for what hose to use for an in tank pump with e85?
Maybe for mine ill fit a 10an return also, leave abit of room if i need changes later on...
0 likes
31-12-10, 09:42 GMT+10#18 awaits for HYPED6 reply on this topic. hahaha
From my understanding bosch 044 pumps only flow 200 Litres of fuel per hour @ 3bar, less when pressure is higher, that is only 3.3L per minute.
But
Your planning to run a 2L surge tank. this size will not support the horse power you want let alone 800rwhp on E85.
There is a lot of here say when it comes to fuel systems, HYPED6 will hit the nail on the head shortly with the maths.
I'd suggest you work the maths before installing and completing your fuel system and also choose a good computer "ECU" to run your dual maps from pump to E85.
Rick
0 likes
31-12-10, 11:28 GMT+10#19 Where did you get your flow figures from for the 044?
I've got from Bosch
290lp/h @ 30 psi
265lp/h @ 75 psi
253lp/h @ 90 psi
I based all my flow figures around that... I hope I haven't been told bull****.
0 likes
31-12-10, 16:02 GMT+10#20 It's been proven that 2x044 pumps on e85/e90 has supported 1000rwhp without a voltage booster
U need to keep your volts up n it's probably a good idea to have each pump with it's own line
1 044 has gone over 600rwhp on e85
I'm currently on 662.5rwhp running e85 with 62psi rail pressure with no sign of leaning out
I can prob run a max of 80psi on the reg
0 likes