Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
what could it be..
It coughs and splutters randomly, any gear, any RPM, any load. But happens just about every time the car is given some gas..
Idles fine, free revs fine, only does it with load but dosnt matter how much.
Its basicly stock, NA manual.
hints?
Matt.
0 likes
Mine did that once...
Was a split spark lead.
Also check dizzy cap / rotor button
0 likes
Sounds like the lift Pump (in-tank). Sometimes it may even work fine for a few minutes.
Does the pump under the car up the back sound a bit erratic instead of a nice constant buzz?
0 likes
when was the last time you changed your fuel filter?
0 likes
Ps it doesn't free rev easily either, can't just stomp it or it stalls, needs to be slowly reved
---------- Post added 23-01-11 at 12:13 ----------
Yep intank does not work
0 likes
sounds like fuel supply problem.
As above - I would suspect the intank pump.
0 likes
Test your fuel pump.
If your running standard/stock fuel system, pressure after the fuel pump should be around 250kPa.
Intank pressure should be around 20-40kPa before fuel pump.(in between fuel pump & tank).
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
I've got the same problem..as soon as it comes off the converter it starts to pop and fart..if I play with the throttle I'll get it up to about 4k..I did leads,plugs,coil pack and intake fuel pump..still the same..adjusted the timing abit and it got a bit better..boost gauge just reads 0 boost all the time,car idles perfect but as soon as boost wants to kick in It pops,farts etc
0 likes
23-01-11, 20:25 GMT+10#10 Quote:
Originally Posted by paparazzi
[View Post]
I've got the same problem..as soon as it comes off the converter it starts to pop and fart..if I play with the throttle I'll get it up to about 4k..I did leads,plugs,coil pack and intake fuel pump..still the same..adjusted the timing abit and it got a bit better..boost gauge just reads 0 boost all the time,car idles perfect but as soon as boost wants to kick in It pops,farts etc
Do you have a vacuum/boost gauge?
The popping is a BOV with a loose stool or something like a pipe thats leaking in the intake tract. Your Mass Air Meter could be up the kyber also.
I'd check intake manifold gaskets and seals assuming the turbo isn't bleeding internally and all other mechanicals are ok.
Popping can be from a faulty speed sensor input to ECU also, this prevents the deceleration starvation from occurring causing an excess fuel dump when the throttle gets slapped closed fast. Could also be fuel pressure being too high for the ECU tune also.
0 likes
24-01-11, 06:26 GMT+10#11 Check dizzy, have you previously washed engine bay, there may be water around and in the dizzy mate, same problem happened to me.
0 likes
24-01-11, 21:37 GMT+10#13 so i have fuel presure, but it maybe a blocked filter, wil replace that net, but im thinking its spark related, will try a new cap, plugs leads etc
0 likes
25-01-11, 00:14 GMT+10#14 Quote:
Originally Posted by bachig24u
[View Post]
Do you have a vacuum/boost gauge?
The popping is a BOV with a loose stool or something like a pipe thats leaking in the intake tract. Your Mass Air Meter could be up the kyber also.
I'd check intake manifold gaskets and seals assuming the turbo isn't bleeding internally and all other mechanicals are ok.
Popping can be from a faulty speed sensor input to ECU also, this prevents the deceleration starvation from occurring causing an excess fuel dump when the throttle gets slapped closed fast. Could also be fuel pressure being too high for the ECU tune also.
It's just got a 35psi boost gauge..no vacume,I've got a motec m4...no airflow meter,o2 sensor etc..no BOV..fuel pressure is perfect..have no idea way it could be? We were playin around with the timing and car got a bit better..but still pops and farts at around 3-3.5grand...
0 likes
25-01-11, 02:04 GMT+10#15 Quote:
Originally Posted by paparazzi
[View Post]
It's just got a 35psi boost gauge..no vacume,I've got a motec m4...no airflow meter,o2 sensor etc..no BOV..fuel pressure is perfect..have no idea way it could be? We were playin around with the timing and car got a bit better..but still pops and farts at around 3-3.5grand...
Once the car had warmed up was it abit better??
If it pops & farts around 3 - 3.5 grand with no load it might be your cas as the cas alters your timing.
Does it pop & fart around 3 - 3.5 whilst under load(driving) or does it pop & fart when free reving.(when stationary)
0 likes