Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

New VL BT1 MOCK

Started by Mr_Calais · 14 Dec 2010 · 37 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

Mr_CalaisArchived member
Here's my new car guys. Its an 88 model It's a 5sp Manual drives like a DREAM and had a spray job about 4 months ago. It's got some 20's on it but need to get rid of them and get some ceptors for my roady ( Anyone got some cheapies? ) Anyways, My family weren't too happy with my picking it up and paying what I did for it and now having two cars and just finished school but I've worked hard and saved up so I'm absolutely loving it. Not to sure how I'm going to afford it though :P ... Oh and need to get my Manual license ASAP! Haha Im trying to post photos now. Is Photobucket down or something?
0 likes
WoggsterArchived member
use tinypic.com for photos
0 likes
Mr_CalaisArchived member
Thanks for That mate. ---------- Post added 15-12-10 at 00:07 ---------- Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
WoggsterArchived member
Those wheels make it look like a monster truck lol Also, get rid of the Calais sideskirt i think it takes away from the car. It looks like a very clean car, just chuck some ceptors with chrome trims on it and lower it abit and then you'll have a mint looking "BT1" Also, any engine bay shots?
0 likes
Borci88Archived member
I'm not quite understanding how you go from a VL Calais to an XR6 back to wanting a calais and end up with a BT1 mockup? Very indecisive :P wish I had the money to do that. Still, very nice car none the less!
0 likes
Mr_CalaisArchived member
I've still got my Xr6 still trying to sell it to free up some cash. Don't know why I went and bought this but I saw it and fell it love! haha. Yeah I've been working full time lately so cash is rolling in nicely Thanks mate, Yeah, I want to take the skirts off but it doesn't look like the guy sprayed it right underneath so I'm a little lost on what to do. ---------- Post added 15-12-10 at 00:30 ---------- - ---------- Post added 15-12-10 at 10:49 ---------- Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
WoggsterArchived member
Yeah, deffinitely needs the skirts taken off, but if there not painted underneath them then you'll have to get the bottom part sprayed again
0 likes
INFLYTArchived member
What's a BT1 mock!?
0 likes
PSI-EFIArchived member
fk shes clean.. good car to keep and turbo off your p's. some nice cepters and give them side skirts the ass and your done
0 likes
Mr_CalaisArchived member
Quick update - Changed the tires today. Got rid of my 20's and got myself some ceptors. Pretty awesome feeling turning a corner and the car not scraping...But ofcourse, driving home I had to have a flat tire haha. Fixed up a few other things today like horn, fuel gauge and little crap like that. Next, I want to get rid of the sideskirts and get it sprayed underneath but I've literally got no money left so I'll wait a while. Still need to register it and get a roady so I'm hanging for my next pay day! Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
FLY-03LArchived member
Very nice mate. To make it super clean id spray up the chasers silver with caps and trims, put on a standard SL grill, get rid of the calais skirts and itll be a mint BT1 mock Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Borci88Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by FLY-03L [View Post] Very nice mate. To make it super clean id spray up the chasers silver with caps and trims, put on a standard SL grill, get rid of the calais skirts and itll be a mint BT1 mock 100% Agreed, only thing I would also do is maybe a grey rear garnish. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
WoggsterArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Borci88 [View Post] 100% Agreed, only thing I would also do is maybe a grey rear garnish. X2 grey rear garnish would top it off nicely
0 likes
RUF-30LArchived member
nicee carr and ur money situation is like me except 4 yrs outa skool... lol 2 vls and 8 cars later veryy smick ...
0 likes
russo187Archived member
nice looking ride mate...yeah paint the interceptors silver and chuck on centre caps and new nuts...i done that with my ceptors a month ago...great look i reckon
0 likes
88holdenArchived member
very clean car man, only needs abit more low and you'l be laughing
0 likes
Mr_CalaisArchived member
Cheers for the comments guys. Yeah most of that will be done eventually. Can someone show me a photo of a mint looking bt1 on silver chasers with caps and trims?
0 likes
aus880Archived member
don't put trims on it, they weren't on them originally here's pics
0 likes
patchArchived member
^ chrome bonnet gauges and p plates were standard i guess....
0 likes
WoggsterArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by patch [View Post] ^ chrome bonnet gauges and p plates were standard i guess.... lol i was gonna mention that Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 1 guest active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today28

19,410 threads, 216,197 posts and 2,356 images saved from CT

56.7% of indexed threads saved