Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
hey guys, my little daily barina is getting writen off after a guy pushed all the rear end in etc...
ive got a car untill febuary so im only asking for a reference atm. so please dont ask if i wanna buy your 4wd.
looking for something that can tow over 1.5 ton, be half decent off road ( just for getting to fishing spots/ beach bashing )and not be as slow as a ****ing bus. im looking at spending around the 15k -20k mark.
please put your 2cents in!
zak.
0 likes
turbo deisel 80 series landcruiser mines never let me down probly pick up a tidy early model one for about 14g
0 likes
landcruiser engines go forever
but patrols have wayyyy better chassis/diffs etc
0 likes
will be selling our 2002 dualcab hilux sr5 diesel turbo in feb for around the 20g mark..
0 likes
Should of mentioned, not looking for utes either. Sorry dude
0 likes
3Ltd hilux! or the v6 version unbreakable......
0 likes
Been looking into the land cruiser range. You can pick prados for around my price range. But still just looking, anyone else? There seems to be a fair few 80 seires lovers around. What do people think of the jeep grand cherokke
0 likes
look at turbo diesel landcruisers (dont bother with non turbo or petrol)
or turbo diesel gu patrols (not the 2.8) or modified diesel gq's (bit old)
if you get a pajero or something like that (car on big wheels) you're gay and you deserve the problems they come with haha
---------- Post added 13-12-10 at 19:50 ----------
a prado is a car on big wheels... very prone to tipping... but best of the "soft roaders" if you arent going to do beach work etc
0 likes
Not gonna Jack anything it up. Or be a doosh.
Nissan Navara. ???
0 likes
13-12-10, 22:36 GMT+10#11 I got a 93 GQ patrol Ti ll, Had it nearly 12 months now, 7 seater, 4.2 efi, pet/gas, auto with 170km's on it, yeah I know, low k's for a 93 patrol, has all the extra crap on it, plenty of grunt for the beach, good car and all, still nice to drive, 4wd'ing is good, easy through the beach sand, but I personally would much rather my 100 series Landcruiser I used to own, more roomy inside, bulkier, and I just think its a better car.
Now that its the end of the year, I've decided to sell the patrol and update my work car (4wd), so Im gonna buy a V8 landcruiser, my minds set on a manual, i'll prob try get one in perth, but I think over east is the go, plenty of manuals there and cheaper than here, not many options in perth, plenty of auto's but I just dont think I'd be happy with an auto again.
0 likes
14-12-10, 10:30 GMT+10#12 Suburu brumby with a ej20 and a lift kit.
0 likes
16-12-10, 00:01 GMT+10#13 zako, get a d22 navara turbo diesal, both the 3L and the 2.5L go hard
they are a ute but all are dual cab and the st-r models are pimp with full chrome bar work and nice interiors, not plastic like some of the interiors in 4wds
st-r models go for around 20g
but if u will settle for the lower model dx u can get them for around 18g
0 likes