Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›General discussion
General discussion

Nackerz VN 5 Ltr Berlina Wags

Started by Nackerz · 21 Nov 2010 · 6 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

NackerzArchived member
Name: Shaun Nickname: Nackerz Model: 1990 Holden VN Berlina Wagon Colour: Silver Bodykit: None Engine Type: Injected 304 Engine Mods: Unsure, Has injectors and is meant to have a cam Power: Unsure Exhaust: Extractors Gearbox: Turbo 700 Diff: Borgwarner, Have to check gears, Non lsd Brakes: V8 Disc brakes all round Suspension: Pedders in rear Wheels/Tyres: Crappy 5 spokers Interior: VQ Stato front seats Stereo: None Build Period: Started Saturday 20/11/2010 Cost: Swapped it for the vk, Only cost for trailer hire and fuel Hey guys and girls, Well I swapped my vk 5 litre for the wags. Needed more of a family car. The guy I got it off had to change the motor as the rings were screwed, so he did that. While he changed the motor, when it was time to bolt the gearbox to the motor, he had put the torque convertor onto the flywheel first. And as you know, yep he screwed the pump big time!! So I had to pick her up on the trailer. Did that on friday, Saturday the fun began....Pulled the gearbox out of her, and the pump out. Found that he screwed it pretty good. So why I have it out, I'm looking at putting some goodies into her.... This is what I came up with while I was looking for a replacement pump; 13 Vane Pump upgrade Kit Hi-Perf $111 Posted http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....=STRK:MEWAX:IT (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350321485704&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT) Transgo High rpm pump kit $47.99 Posted http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....=STRK:MEWAX:IT (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250727321838&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT) Corvette servo piston $42.45 Posted http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....=STRK:MEWAX:IT (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350325850724&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT) Transgo Shift Kit Stage 2 or 3 $214.30 Posted RECOMMENDED PARTS TO ADD TO THIS KIT Servos: Corvette 2nd Servo (Firm Shift).........^^^^ Have listed this one up top ^^^^....... Billet 2nd Servo (Super Hard Shift) Billet 4th Servo (Street, Towing, Race, Low Diff Gears a must). Accumulator Pistons: FWD, 2nd & 3rd Piston OEM Alloy, FWD 2nd & 3rd Pinless Alloy Piston. Valve Body Plates: TransGo Performance Plate (81-93). Electronics: 4th Gear Full time Lockup Kit (For No ECU Installations). Transmission Filter (88-93) and Sump Gasket. http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....=STRK:MEWAX:IT (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350313842620&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT) Rebuild kit for all gaskets and orings???? $83.75 http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....=STRK:MEWAX:IT (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150489826777&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT) Total price for this ^^^ $499.49 I would also get new gaskets and trans filter.... This list is what I came up quickly on what to do: Fix Gearbox Remove gas system as it's not a BBQ Fix rear plastic (Couple broken, nothing major tho) Fix rear left door/quarter (Was side swiped, Nothing big tho) Fix squeaky belts Fix exhaust leak (Tiny pin hole in the rear) Adjust Handbrake Fit Airbox/Pod filter Secure cold air pipe Check Brakes/rotors Change tyres (RWC) Check central locking (Right Rear door not working) Look at tail gate lock (Cant lock it with the key) Secure battery (Nothing as I kept battery from vk and just sat it in there. Bolt and plate there for it) Check lights for RWC New headlights (Right side not sitting right and left has a small hole. Better of just getting new ones) Regas the aircon Move spare wheel into the section where it belongs (After remove donut tank for gas) Check height of vehicle (100mm from lowest point is the lowest legal height) RWC Exhaust manifold gaskets (New, have to remove to pull the gearbox out) Change rear left door trim (Missing a section, but have complete door trim there, came with car) Fix paint fade on bonnet and roof Find out what injectors they are, as there not stock ones. Told it has a cam (Sounds like it too) And that just about wraps it up! Just doing a complete RWC on it, so when I take it there they pass it Also have to fit a stereo to it. Well the injectors sorta look like these, but they are blueish. http://cgi.ebay.com.au/BOSCH-968-42l...em 53e3039571 (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/BOSCH-968-42lb-EV6-FUEL-INJECTORS-LS1-LS2-XR8-VN-T-HSV-/360290948465?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item53e3039571) Also thinking about getting a kit for it maybe....What do you guys think of these?? http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....=STRK:MEWAX:IT (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290498499041&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT) Well the gearbox is out!! There is broken/cross threaded bolts. Also the bellhousing is cracked and has a bit broken out of it....And the torque convertor was stuck on there good, I had to leaver it off! So the pump is screwed for sure. .......More updates to come guys!! Well hello all again. I have yet another update for you all... Been working on the thing all day!!! Ok so I found out this: An external tranny cooler aswell as the radiator Has some sort of fuel control, see pics Ok so after I had pulled the tranny out and pulled the pump apart, I thought to myself, I will do other stuff in the meantime while I chase the bits and pieces that I need to fix the gearbox pump. Stuff I have been doing: Most of the gas system out Checked the part No. on the injectors....Part No. 0280155777 Found out about the tranny cooler and fuel control Checked what speakers it had: Pioneer 6x9's in rear and little Sony speakers in the dash Cheers Nackerz Ok now some pics for you all.... All of these pics are of how I got the car.... Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
NackerzArchived member
---------- Post added 22-11-10 at 19:46 ---------- Fuse box gone.....Bit more to do still. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
NackerzArchived member
Hey guys, First off, does anyone know what those wheels are?? They are 16" rims and would like to know what there worth as I have to come up with some money to fix the car.. Here is some updates anyways whilst I'm here... Removed drivers side strut to fix it. Started to sand back the rocker covers so I can polish them Put a cd player in her Drilled out the broken bolt in the exhaust manifold Back left quarter was dinted where the little black strip is in front of rear wheel. So I pulled the strip off, sanded it back to bare metal as it was starting to rust, and gave it a bit of black spray paint. Until I get around to fixing it... With the gas, well I have removed most of it, Still have to remove the lines...Might just leave them in, just in case I decide to put it back on gas. Also the spare wheel will be going back in its original spot, And going to remove that bracket that holds it in the back... There is a set of roof racks that came with it, so i'm going to sell them off as I dont need them.. Going to remove the tongue off the tow bar setup. But I am leaving it there just incase we have to tow anything, will use this as its an 8 and have plenty of grunt...
0 likes
NackerzArchived member
Well I just brought a complete transmission rebuild kit, and a 13 vane pump upgrade as the pump was screwed, so instead of replacing it with the standard 10 vane. I just purchased a 13 vane one.
0 likes
SIrollerArchived member
1. the wheels look to be imitation momo stars. minus centrecaps? 2. leave the towbar tongue on. if you get rear ended it might save you a write off and at the least will do more damage to their car (yep i'm a prick, but i have also been rear ended 3 times and swear by tow bars!) other than that its a nice colour. and it has an le style grille? goddamn you go through cars worsethan most on this site!
0 likes
NackerzArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by SIroller [View Post] 1. the wheels look to be imitation momo stars. minus centrecaps? 2. leave the towbar tongue on. if you get rear ended it might save you a write off and at the least will do more damage to their car (yep i'm a prick, but i have also been rear ended 3 times and swear by tow bars!) other than that its a nice colour. and it has an le style grille? goddamn you go through cars worsethan most on this site! Yeah mate, not sure on wheels. They have CSA on them. I ended up selling them anyways. Didn't really like them that much. Yes, They were missing the centre caps. The 17" AMG's I have are going on the vl. And the 17" Chromies off that are going on this. Putting the AMG's on the vl coz I reckon they look better. Only took the towbar tongue off coz everytime I walk around it, I allways smash my leg on it haha... But yeah thats a good idea with the rear ended business.... However I have never been rear ended, TOUCH WOOD!!!! HAHA Yeah, Just get sick of them lol. But going to keep this as a family car. Due to our first baby is almost here! Not long too go now and I haven't even got it on the road yet lol. Yeah I think it's an LE grille. I just call it a letterbox grille lol. On another note whilst i'm here. Bit of an update. Recieved my Full rebuild kit along with the 13 vane pump kit. Installed all that and put the trans back in. All up and running. Now I just have to fix a few other little things and get some new tread. Then I can take it for a RWC and get it Rego'd So hopefully in the new year (Before bubz comes) I will have it all on the road!
0 likes
NackerzArchived member
Here guys, just a couple more photo's Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 4 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today27

18,716 threads, 204,111 posts and 2,271 images saved from CT

54.7% of indexed threads saved