Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

RWC with 19s??

Started by 5.0LTR VL · 1 Nov 2010 · 16 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

5.0LTR VLArchived member
Does anyone know if I can get a rwc for my vl with 19's? I have the right load index rating.. Lol
0 likes
raz7Archived member
No you can only go 2 inches higher than stock wheel size.
0 likes
WoggsterArchived member
apparently it's 25mm larger in diameter than factory is allowed
0 likes
5.0LTR VLArchived member
So does that mean the cops could be pricks and canary me for having 19's? Cos every second decent vl around these days have 19's... Do you guys cop any trouble from the boys in blue for big rims?
0 likes
raz7Archived member
Yeah have a couple of times. Even if you have stock wheels the police can pick on you.. just depends on what mood they are in and your attitude towards them.
0 likes
slammedvzArchived member
I dont know about vic but the rules in sa are you can have any size wheel as long as it is within 15mm rolling diameter as original and have the same or better load rating.
0 likes
gngztaArchived member
yer VIC is the same as SA. 2inch rule went out many years ago
0 likes
stealthfoArchived member
yes as said above its off rolling diameter but alot of pigs will still try to do you for it and you prove them wrong so they just find something else to pick on.. as said all depends on the cop and the attitude hes in or the attitude you give him haha
0 likes
5.0LTR VLArchived member
Hmm interesting... So you can go 19's if you can find a low enough profile tyre that makes it the same rolling diameter but at the same time trying to find a low enough profile tyre with the right load rating index..? Does anyone know what the legal rolling diameter is for a vl??
0 likes
LUXJETArchived member
65mm+15inches+15mm
0 likes
5.0LTR VLArchived member
So A total rolling diameter of = 461mm/46.1cm?? Time to get the tape-measure out...
0 likes
RB OneviaArchived member
19" is 48.26cm. 15% of 46.1 is 6.915cm. so... 48.26 - 46.1 = 2.16cm. 6.915 - 2.16 = 4.815 of tyre to play with.
0 likes
SHIZNTArchived member
Why dont you save all the hassle and find someone with 15" or 16" wheels who is willing to swap for the day to get a roady?
0 likes
5.0LTR VLArchived member
Nah I have a set of 15"stockies that I'm going to use for rwc , I just want to make sure when I put my 19's on later that my car is still completely legal, everything I have done to my car so far is legal and I want to keep it that way. Cos a P plater driving a tidy 5ltr vl with 19's is massive cop bait... And if I have everything by the book and hard evidence of all the legal rules in my car, then they can go eat a **** everytime they pull me^ over... Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
RB OneviaArchived member
im failing to see the point here..... you want 19s that will be legal but your driving a V8 on your Ps???
0 likes
5.0LTR VLArchived member
If you obtained your probationary lisence before 1 July 2007( which I did), it goes by the old power to weight ratio of 125kw/ton... And since I keep loosing my lisence I still have my p's till I'm 30 and therefor can still drive a v8, turbo etc... As long as I keep the power down..
0 likes
RB OneviaArchived member
fair enough then
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 2 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today23

18,003 threads, 193,996 posts and 2,149 images saved from CT

52.6% of indexed threads saved