Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Meets & events
Meets & events

4 years ago!

Started by ss nut · 8 Sept 2010 · 22 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

ss nutArchived member
A day I will not forget,Took the Brock for a run to remember the man! I recon he's racing around somewhere,Good on ya PB!
0 likes
NZ EVLHSVArchived member
Wow 4 years already, doesn't seem like that long Did you ever meet him?
0 likes
PSIWPN NZArchived member
R.i.p 05
0 likes
VL-DanArchived member
I met him when I was about 7 or 8...He was doing a TV Show in NZ RIP Brocky Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
ss nutArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by NZ EVLHSV [View Post] Wow 4 years already, doesn't seem like that long Did you ever meet him? Lucky enough to meet him a few times,Still see his brother Lewis once to tiwce a year,Also catch up with Eric Dowker(father of the polarizer)Yes time does go fast.I have quite bit of signed paperwork for the car from him.You could say we are freinds of the freinds family.Every time he was here(which was quite a bit)we were invited over. Cheers Marty
0 likes
Rb3oArchived member
lucky bugger
0 likes
ss nutArchived member
I would say I was fortunate,I alway was interested in the Brock cars,An from the late 70's I always watched Bathurst,And I have never missed a year on telly(unless I was there)I brought my first Brock car(VH SS group 2)the year after I first meet him(1998)This week also must remember Steve Irwin,Also a man who lived life at a thousand miles an hour!
0 likes
UNONT2Archived member
yeah 4 years already,dosnt seam that long R I P
0 likes
NZ EVLHSVArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by ss nut [View Post] Lucky enough to meet him a few times,Still see his brother Lewis once to tiwce a year,Also catch up with Eric Dowker(father of the polarizer)Yes time does go fast.I have quite bit of signed paperwork for the car from him.You could say we are freinds of the freinds family.Every time he was here(which was quite a bit)we were invited over. Cheers Marty That's awesome! I met him a few times out at Puke race track, we use to go out there on practice days instead of going to school and he was always happy to hang out the back of his tent to chat to us for a while, he was genuinely a nice guy
0 likes
9sec87vltArchived member
yeah it seems the nice ones die young, go murph this wknd
0 likes
ss nutArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by NZ EVLHSV [View Post] That's awesome! I met him a few times out at Puke race track, we use to go out there on practice days instead of going to school and he was always happy to hang out the back of his tent to chat to us for a while, he was genuinely a nice guy Now that IS the place to meet him,It would of been great to see and talk to him in HIS element(the race track)When we saw him it was always in a relaxed home type envioment,The last time we sore him he had Julie with him. What is it about September,We had 9/11, Brocky, Erwin,And now this big hit in CH CH??anything else out there??
0 likes
SIKVLTArchived member
I was born ..... Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
NZ VL comArchived member
haha Dan you havent changed
0 likes
VL-DanArchived member
Hey I got Abs now LMAO Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
PSIWPN NZArchived member
haha i wouldnt say that too loud aaron might hear you
0 likes
NZ VL comArchived member
abs? isnt that only on later models?
0 likes
4sakenvlArchived member
jeez four yrs has gone by quick as , remember seeing him at Pukey when i was 14 , was keen to sign autograghs and chat. A real shame he got taken too soon , but least doing what he loved best behind the wheel .
0 likes
NZ EVLHSVArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by ss nut [View Post] Now that IS the place to meet him,It would of been great to see and talk to him in HIS element(the race track)When we saw him it was always in a relaxed home type envioment,The last time we sore him he had Julie with him. What is it about September,We had 9/11, Brocky, Erwin,And now this big hit in CH CH??anything else out there?? Yeah that was back in 95-96 when he was racing the old VS HRT Such an awesome looking race car that one Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
ss nutArchived member
97 was the last year he really raced,Is that the same car??
0 likes
NZ EVLHSVArchived member
Yeah I'm 99% sure that's the last car he raced. The VR didn't have the red stipe Edit, heres the VR, way different! Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 2 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today24

18,320 threads, 199,812 posts and 2,204 images saved from CT

53.5% of indexed threads saved