Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

Good steering wheels?

Started by adam3021 · 18 Aug 2010 · 42 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

adam3021Archived member
hey guys, i have recently bought my first car, a white over silver vl calais s2. As much as i appreciate the original look of the factorty steering wheel im still not a big fan, but just looking around there arent many aftermarket steering wheels that dont look ricer-ish or cheap Any suggestions? i just want something that goes well with the rest of the interior... Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
trackbt1Archived member
nardi deep corn all the way! or any nardi
0 likes
UNTMD1Archived member
hay champ. u cant beat momo steering wheels. i suggest look into getting one. they make vl interiors look nice and clean. hope that will help ya
0 likes
adam3021Archived member
yeah i think you might be right, i've had a look and they seem a bit more than i wanted to spend but they look the goods and i guess im better off spending a bit more for something decent. thanks for the help Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
WoggsterArchived member
Momo wheels or an original HSV/HDT wheels (although they can sometimes cost abit)
0 likes
jrw287Archived member
SAAS arnt bad either
0 likes
FLY-03LArchived member
Momos are the go. Standards make you feel like youre driving a bus! I really like my wheel Mono racing line Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
NZ EVLHSVArchived member
Momo Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
RB26TTVLArchived member
Momo Walky/Sv88 wheel, best steering wheel ever put on a VL.
0 likes
aus880Archived member
as above Momo all the way
0 likes
WoggsterArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by RB26TTVL [View Post] Momo Walky/Sv88 wheel, best steering wheel ever put on a VL. Yeah agreed! Any of the HSV wheels fitted to the limited edition cars from factory always look really good on VLs
0 likes
satansLBOArchived member
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/COMMODORE-VK-...ts_Accessories (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/COMMODORE-VK-VL-MOMO-STEERING-WHEEL-BOSS-KIT-/120610701974?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories) Jump on this
0 likes
miladArchived member
^^^^ (y)
0 likes
GLD-086Archived member
I used to have a Momo Silverjet on mine, but I went back to a woodgrain SAAS steering wheel. I used to have one when I first bought the car, but went to a Momo one in 2004. I've always liked the look, and feel of woodgrain steering wheels. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
BaxArchived member
I always felt that wood grain was too slippery in my hands. I had a Momo millenium but don't like them as much anymore.
0 likes
BoyracerArchived member
[QUOTE=MF5_VL;2565760]Momos are the go. Standards make you feel like youre driving a bus! I really like my wheel Mono racing line Black momo is the way to go for any decent old Commodore project, scan ebay for the odd bargain then hit it with some leather treatment and black boot polish. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
4sakenvlArchived member
have a Momo Race in my car looks good with good grips
0 likes
REVENUArchived member
Momo Millenium Evo has been my choice wheel for a while now and the best part is not only does it look good but their legal! I was bored so i got creative with my photo lol. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
adam3021Archived member
hey mate are you %100 sure these are legal? im seriously considering buying one Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
REVENUArchived member
100% sure. the momo millenium is what the mitsubishi evo 8 came standard with. I have also passed defects with it on.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 3 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today24

18,073 threads, 195,282 posts and 2,150 images saved from CT

52.8% of indexed threads saved